Powered By Blogger

Saturday 2 December 2017

October + November VGC Report

Hi guys today I am back with another monthly report, this time it is going to be a bit special regarding vgc 17 as I really is the last report I will be having regarding this season, so patching upwth a few teams as well as a lot of good memories, without further ado lets get into it:
My Anti-meta October Team:
The team goes as the following:
Relicanth @ Rockium Z 
Ability: Swift Swim 
Level: 50 
Shiny: Yes 
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe 
Jolly Nature 
IVs: 0 Spe 
- Rock Slide 
- Head Smash 
- Protect 
- Waterfall 

Politoed @ Aguav Berry 
Ability: Drizzle 
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD 
Calm Nature 
IVs: 0 Atk 
- Scald 
- Ice Beam 
- Protect 
- Perish Song 

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy 
Ability: Multiscale 
Level: 50 
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA 
Quiet Nature 
- Dragon Pulse 
- Flamethrower 
- Protect 
- Extreme Speed 

Dugtrio-Alola @ Groundium Z 
Ability: Tangling Hair 
Level: 50 
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe 
Jolly Nature 
- Earthquake 
- Iron Head 
- Protect 
- Substitute 

Vikavolt @ Life Orb 
Ability: Levitate 
Level: 50 
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SpA / 12 SpD 
Modest Nature 
IVs: 0 Atk 
- Thunderbolt 
- Bug Buzz 
- Discharge 
- Protect 

Trevenant @ Sitrus Berry 
Ability: Harvest 
Level: 50 
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Atk / 148 SpD 
Adamant Nature 
- Wood Hammer 
- Phantom Force 
- Toxic 
- Leech Seed 


I really won’t be giving full details as I do so for the other teams of mine however some bits on the team, especially as the season is ending it will be more questionable whether the team will be usable or be used in testing by the others, that is why a full detail isn’t needed as I do guess so. First of all the thing that makes me feel very proud about this team of mine is that the entire season I have been trying to go with this concept of a full anti meta team, as the season reaches its end. The inspiration came from the idea of rain + dragonite teams which I saw cutting a regionals, so I had to try out the concept there, on the name of rain a weird swift swimmer came to my mind, relicanth, relicanth was super good especially against matchups involving a mandibuzz its head smash + z-move was very strong and quite an unexpected form of offense for my opponents, politoed’s perish song proved good for this hyper offensive team, the entire concept of using dragonite with rain was to abuse thunder, but the I found thunder wasn’t putting out too much offense so I decided I should be going for a weakness policy set which did ended up working out much better. Dugtrio also was a very interesting concept to use, especially with substitute which worked out really well, one of the main advantages I gained from this was that my opponents didn’t expect me to have z-moves on either of the two I had them on. Tangling hair was also very good against unsuspecting opponents. Vkavolt worked well on its part whereas trevenant a set I brought back from an old metagross team of mine was working really well for the function that I put it on this team for.

No comments:

Post a Comment