Powered By Blogger

Sunday 13 December 2015

Return of the Sand Streams! : VGC 15 Teambuild

Hi guys today I am back with and will be posting a team which was my last one in the 2015 season this report seems quite meaningless however I wanted to share the last few teams I did played in the 2015 season, hopefully you still like going through it; not a worth it post to read as it is not useful to read but just as a diary check I’ll be posting this. Let’s get started:

Before you head into this:.
 I needed a solid team and thought of Japan sand as an archetype that might work, oh boy it turned out the best!
. The team is basically Japan sand with a couple of twists and turns that I wanted to share.

The Team:

Image result for tyranitar

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf  
Ability: Sand Stream  
Level: 50  
Shiny: Yes  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Rock Slide  
- Assurance  
- Superpower  
- Ice Beam

Oh! Our beloved tyranitar how can you miss this guy when building a sand team dude! Ofcourse was a must comer. This whole season I had been a big fan of tyranitar and especially it’s awesome scarfed variant and I loved it as a big part of the team whenever this was being used. Should the moveset and EV’s even be explained? Standard scarfed t-tar it is called guys! One odd thing you might notice is the presence of assurance on this mon assurance was something I found an incredibly useful move for this team as I thought I had so many ways to crock the boost and land monstrous damage on many opponents. These ways were: excadrill’s any attack ‘in sand’ to be specific; salamence after mega evolution’s turn 1 (getting the speed boost) ; and the most special mon, azumarill’s aqua jet. Had so much fun playing this mon and didn’t had regrets from it brought it to most of my games as I thought I had to spam fast rock slides *could always turn in my favor*

Image result for excadrill
Excadrill @ Focus Sash  
Ability: Sand Rush  
Level: 50  
Shiny: Yes  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Rock Slide  
- Iron Head  
- Earthquake  
- Protect

Excadrill is this guy’s partner in crime. What else do you do when you have a tyranitar and wanting to have Japan sand. Excadrill be good and standard, what else could you say about it? Some specifics: I ran focus sash as my item chose as I felt it was way safer of an option to opt for other than keeping life orb and risk getting OHKO’d it definitely helped out in a ton of matches that I played. Also adamant nature over speed for the purpose that I could take at least one hit if I ever got to meet some rare mirror-matches in the games and it was also for more power helping me out a lot. Rock slide spams were the only thing it was meant to do until it meant a steel or fairy type on. I did opted for EQ as my ground move over drill run as I tough it could be a really strong move and my team didn’t had so many troubles to play with wide guard aegislash though.

Image result for salamence
Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite  
Ability: Intimidate  
Level: 50  
Shiny: Yes  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Hyper Voice  
- Draco Meteor  
- Flamethrower  
- Protect

Next up is the classic mega of the Japan sand teams, yes! A mega salamence. It is straight up a really good pokemon and this is also quite a unusual set other than you guys are mostly used to seeing mixed mences all around this is a full special mega salamence. I choose this as a full mega salamence because of these reasons: I needed max damage output with it, this team was already greatly troubled by intimidate and it’s users. All special mence gave me both the points I needed to cover up. I choose flamethrower as my last move after realizing that ferrothorn poses a big threat to this team considering my sand duo and their offensive traits, it really helped out a lot. Max speed timid nature allows me to stand neck to neck vs other salamences and speed tie at their max. overall this mon’s intimidate support really covered up the defensive mons on this team, loved playing it! I won’t actually consider a full special mence or even mixed mence ever a thing however this variant changed my outlook on mega mence.

Image result for aegislash
Aegislash @ Life Orb  
Ability: Stance Change  
Level: 50  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD  
Modest Nature  
- Shadow Ball  
- Hidden Power [Ice]  
- Wide Guard  
- King's Shield

Next up is something again I used to hate playing considering how slow and stale it could go in a battle, but now when the perfect support calls for it I can’t back away from bringing this mon into my battles. you do see a very clear modification made to the usual moveset that this mon gets on this slot of the team; apart from that it is very self-explanatory. I am using HP-ice as you see, why and how? So I was using aegislash and for this particular team on the slot didn’t found flash cannon or substitute any good of a choice as I had that coverage covered up for this team. I found HP-ice really useful for helping it’s partner using protect and it just going for an HP-ice on things like m-salamence or even landorus both of which can threaten this team and aegi can handle them really well whenever 1-v-1. Wide guard was the basis of formulation of the theory this mon is on the team needs oh so desperately.

Image result for azumarill
Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry  
Ability: Huge Power  
Level: 50  
Shiny: Yes  
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Def / 20 SpD / 4 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Aqua Jet  
- Knock Off  
- Protect  
- Belly Drum

Azumarill is such a great pokemon, a great pokemon for picking up all dem OHKO’es though. Let’s get to the real talk and let’s discussed some un-explainable things at the first glance. First thing tht comes to mind is the move knock off over the move play rough. knock off in my opinion in this meta is such a better move than playrough as it is 100% accurate and can also do damage to things like aegislash, amoonguss ferrothron much better. In a format covered with complains of hax I could not resist to keep myself from using this move. The next thing is the spread, well… what do you expect from it? Enough EV’s to crock sitrus berry after a belly drum; max damage output; leftovers into defenses and speed. In my mind this mon is only to be used for getting as many OHKOs as possible. Not any other way to use it is in my mind other than click belly drum turn one and hope for a sweep.

Image result for pachirisu
Pachirisu @ Safety Goggles  
Ability: Volt Absorb  
Level: 50  
Shiny: Yes  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD  
Bold Nature  
- Follow Me  
- Protect  
- Electroweb  
- Super Fang

Last up is a mon you probably never saw with Japanese sand. A very Korean trend ;) I used a pachirisu as the last member of my Japan sand team. Pachirisu should be the one being explained most in-depth pachirisu really sums up the team and brings out it’s fullest potential. It’s volt absorb ability is my fav thing about this mon. it can redirect away and turn into hp any electric attacks aimed at azumarill and salamence. It becomes an excellent source of redirection support for azumarill mainly. Now for the other moves I have super fang, no explanation needed really. I really wanted to se helping hand on this mon as I had butt-tons of spread moves on this team and I really wanted to use a pokemon to help boost them up however protect was a far more decent move than spamming helping hands. In practice I never felt need of any helping hand boosts and I was fairly ok with the damage output that I got with this mon. electro web was a better speed control with mega salamence and scarf t-tar mirror matches and was better than nuzzle in theory. The EV’ing is simple in a physically offensive format. Loved playing this electric squirrel!

Conclusion:

Hopefully you liked and had a good time going through this retired team one of my last memories from the 2015 season (rather surprisingly) let’s hope your and mine new season starts with some new achievements and successes. Good luck fellow players! Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment