Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 22 July 2020

The Time I Played Pokemon Insurgence


So I started out my gameplay, firstly we get a starting screen with wingulls and pelliper’s starting to fly out on the screen… giving a sky view of the torren region.
Then a speech by a guy that says that the Augur has passed away who was chasing and trying to take down these cults one after the other however trying to defeat one he has not returned and probably dead.
Then as the game starts we hear a voice talking to us, telling us to remember my name and my appearance; all of a sudden a gengar appears and the voice fades away, then we realize we are in bed knocked out with our memories being deleted being caught by a cult that plans to kill us after our memories are deleted. All of a sudden a mew comes to our rescue and we are prompted to follow it. From a book in the prison I found there are these 5 cults:
1.       Cult of darkrai
2.       Abyssal cult
3.       Infernal cult
4.       Sky cult
5.       Perfection.
The ev helps us to transform into a darkrai cultist after we obtain the dna from an actual pile of blood, then going that trick we transform with the hlp of mew and escape ahead to telnor town where mew leaves us off given us a quartz flute as well as a letter that prompts us to use the flute, this letter is from the voice that is helping us throughout.
I explored around telnor town which was a place that was making people celebrate the return of the augur, however a person in one of the houses stated that this guy is the second augur, not the first one which retired. We also find out that the professor here gives off eevee to trainers as a starter.
In the church like area we get to witness an argument between daimian our now rival and his mother which we find out is a step mother but actually cares for him and worries he’d be harmed at that age with a poekmon, however we agree with damain on the argument and go to the professor to get our first pokemon, at that time, we get to see a shady character that has came into lab with these ‘freak’ pokemon as failed experiments and feels like he should hand them out to a trainer as they might not survive in the wild; he overhears us and the professor explaining to us as how they are delta species makes us proceed to either choose them or an eevee. I choose my boy bulbasaur as always ofcourse.
Then about to enter to forest I metthis guy who was a woodcutter he handed me over the hm cut. Then heading out with pokeballs at hand I caught myself a caterpie, weedle, nidorina female, Pikachu, gastly and then reached the cave by this time I had ran out of pokeballs and going deeper in we finally meet damian scolding me for being late somehow, now we went ahead and overheard the cult leaders planning the auger’s assassination, then we get back to the town tell the agur about the bad news and then defeat the cult grunts in disguise, it seems that the cults are actually working together and this augur guy does not seem believable at all.
Seeing the augur give us a compliment and prompting us to visit him in his hometown, damian is granted the permission by his father that he can now travel. We carry on with the cave this time with me catching a onix, roggenrola, diglett baltoy and geodude and then upon entering the next route and extension of dark cave, poocheyena, zubat, ponyta and bunnelby as I ran out of pokeballs.
As soon as I reached midna town, the current destination where our rival should be for the trainer’s school, the thing is I went ahead to midna mines and got to catch the first two encounters of nosepass and then a phanpy. It almost seems a s if every other encounter is a new pokemon and im super excited to fill out the dex by catching these mons. My bulbasaur also evolved into a ivysaur while on the route before midna.  Overall after the entire yesterday’s gaia heartbreak I guess I am not that passionately invested but still excited to see what is in store for this finished game.
Evening of 11/5/2020
Moving on now into midna town, I decided to talk to everyone around town and for good reason as I obtained myself a fire stone as well as a leftovers, and got quite an insight into the overall story and direction of goals In the game, knowing how story rich and appreciatable this game would be I wouldn’t want to miss out, from going to the pokemon school I realized I needed to find nora, which would be our second rival and then midna mines would be the way to go to, here I caught a shuckle, then finding nora we get another major insight into the game.
There are people according to an ancient prophecy which are chosen by legendary pokemon, like I am by me and then as we discover celebi appears to help nora on her journey; taking her back we get ourselves into a tournament at the pokemon school. Which I did win, I found it entertaining and then we are prompted to go ahead and challenge the gym at suntouched city; a gym leader that mainly uses fire types but also some grass types; having seen my fairy/psychic starter could now only do so well as the game’s difficulty level increasing is being warned about is something to be noticed.

On the route 2 I went ahead to catch a buizel, bidoof, marill and then through the old rod, aremoraid, then moving ahead we see some cultists blocking the way and heading towards the ruins for some reason, here in the grass I accidentally came across a pokemon I would be keeping on my team, atleast for now; totodile. Moving ahead to the ruins after defeating 1 abyssal cult grunt later we see a mother mega lucario mega evolving which was actually be trying to be captured due to its abilities. Then on the right place about the grass patch I found a riolu, moving ahead we finally reach suntouched city before passing this cave which got me to catch a sableye, pancham and a whismur on my team; I lost to a trainer here with 3 eeveelutions as well as appreciated the nurse joy at the entrance much.
Suntouched city is quite a huge city, just like before I tried to explore and found myself tangled into a few miniquests. The main goal was to challenge the gym leader after discovering the fascinating cloud layer of the city up in the sky, I filmed something with broadcast studio and got to catch myself an axew and then I got to save a machop that was being overworked from a rude trainer. Then trying to help this guy with his garden with him talking about a demon mon that destroys his garden at night, though would need to explore more before trying to complete this arc.
Now here I stand before the pokemon gym. Upon entering I get to learn that this gym is based around the theme of sun, so I am expected to see both grass and fire types, I beat the gym trainers with relative ease after having my crocanaw learn the move water pledge from the move tutor, the only worrying thing about the gym leader known as Orion was that he lead with a vulpix that had drought; apparently uptill this point I am for some reason feeling like that my ivysaur is weak to fire types and tried to waste the sun turns by switching in the decoys on my party, but I seemed that it was a heat rock setup for 8 turns; I went ahead  and ohko’d 2 out of 4 of his mons with my ivysaur and then his deeling and main mon, in charmeleon was picked up by my crocanaw.
Now after the gym battle as soon as we leave the gym someone rushing in and we go back to investigate. All this time in the city some people are seeming to look down on orion as he talks to a rock and even before or battle he talks to a white rock by his side; after reaching in this gym leader from another city is there to warn orion about how he might be under attack by cultists and scolds him for only caring about a rock as we wouldn’t leave without it; then incomes perfection cult and the white stone turns into a reshiram, ofcourse my favorite pokemon, but the thing is I am completely wow’d by how rich it is that the story is developing in the game. Reshiram flees at first and the cultists leave to track it down but reshiram comes back to orion…. PHEW! That was a lot to take it tbh.
Just one badge in….. 7 more to go! 5 cults to defeat….
With now the contents of gameplay spilling over to the A:M hours of 12/5/2020 I went ahead and decided to progree in the game with the lapras surfing I was availed with as I defeated the gym, using the same surfing antics I went over a path that was previously blocked over to the next route where I actually lost a  battle to the hax of an agility girafarig flinching me constantly with its stomps, however 2nd time was the charm and I beat the trainer. On this route I caught a ralts, kirlia, seedot and sudowoodu with nuzleaf always being knocked out somehow. Another most significant part about this route is that my pokemon both ivysaur and croconaw evolved into venusaur and feraligatr respectively. I reached over to the next town. Mil… something the main plotpoint of this town is that you get to fight your rival, Nora, actually with a celebi on her team, however the fight didn’t give me much trouble and I won with ease. With thatbeing done I had in between this time gotten another call for a shoot where I caught a delta grimer, my first delta pokemon to be and named it speed because it sure is going to be very fast ofcourse….

Moving on I deposited speed at the day care and used surf to explore around. Now it was arund this sare a I started feeling a particular way.
The thing was the game took you from a very straining plot up until the first gym to a much more peaceful place where this surfing down above here and there almost felt like an open world experience to me, this was extremely entertaining to explore especially as I came across a mudkip in the water as well as a delta ralts in a abandoned house that was by a secluded side area, thankfully I looked into this one. I reach vilmik city soon and realize there is a gym here finally.

The city was again a very entertaining spectacle as the town people seemed annoyed over there being a garbage disposal nearby the town and I being an awful smelling site, then there were people who were happy that the gym leader atleast keeps the trees around in the town instead of cutting them down. I thought for once maybe the gym leader had something notorious to do with this, however that ultimately won’tbe the case. Around town I found a guy that charged money to take off steps required to hatch an egg, I decided to hatch my first egg into a marill and the second one I received from city into a togepi.
I thought that a bug/poison gym would not be giving me much of any trouble at all, so I went ahead an rather confidently lead with my 2 main mons, in feraligatr and venusaur thinking it will be a clean sweep, I wasted a lot of turns and pp on his shuckle and then he brought outto my surprise, a mega beedrill, seriously on the second gym it was tough, it ended up sweeping me and now I realized how using venusuar against poison types was a double edged sword that can end up hurting me here, on the second try I went o set upagility with my feraligatr to outspeed and get beedrill of his roster, and I did but then his tentacreul was taken down however the haunter stopped my venusaur.
After a rather crushing second defeat and just realizing that the gym leader is going to have 6 pokemons I thought that perhaps getting a solid squad of six would be for the best however which ones? My mind instantly went to the delta ralts I had caught and adored oh so much which was around elvel 21 right now.
It soon evolved but turning a kirlia into a gardevoir was quite a painful task however worth it.
With this new addition to my team I realized that it probably won’t be enough but decided to give the gy a try and it ended up helping me out in the long run, as up till haunter things again went smoothly upnext was heracross which venusaur took care off but gardevior in the back with its nuzzle to counter to notiorious sticky web was helpful in me taking the win in the end.
On this sweet note of victory we formally get introduced to the concept of mega stones and then the we leave to a hiker giving us a letter to which we are prompted to go to the garbage disposal area or someone is gonna get killed or something. With this I had a realization as I made my way through and running back to the pokemon center quite some times. That I seriouslty doubted getting gardevoir on my team would be useful at all, however thinking now that darkrai cultists who will mainlyuse dark types, are gonna be taken out by my venusaur, then infernal or fire cult will be taken care of by feraligatr nd the cult I am facing right now of abyssal as has water types that are weak to a specially bulky gardevoir, with this realization I was happy to set on the decision of keeping gardevoir in the long run of the game (hopefully)
Day of the same date I go ahead and challenge some more grunts and by every battle gardevoir become more helpful and significant as I also caught some mons like grimer, gulpin and trubbish here, then getting upto their boss and damian being threatened; now the cult leader knows as she overheard us before saying that she wants mew, however shaymin appears out of nowhere and gets to purify the acidic water. To which abyssal cult runs off as they have nothing more to threaten us with. This is the moment when damian realizes that shaymin has chosen him.
Progressing further through in the gameplay I move on over to the route where I found a starter mon… a servine, and caught it, in the cave there was quite some mystery of samaras cave. After going there I couldn’t really figure out what to do with this place, though there was an eerie feeling around since I was overall playing in the dark mode ofcourse. Though progressing further ahead I reach a town called Koril town a sandy place and this is the town where I found a very significant item from the gameplay… a Lucky egg which is greatly going to help me out in training my mons, w were directed to the desert area, and so I did went there.
In the cave of the desert we get our introduction to the sky cult, which at first threaten a  man and then get him killed via a bomb they have placed. They express their intentions of reaching the Augur Jaern in the Helios city and then convincing him to summon rayquaza for them, this is strange as to why the Augur would do so,I believe the augur is the sky cult leader in disguise, might have some idea as I have seen parts of Tyranitar tube play this game.
On the next stop was this small city where I received another most important part of  gameplay… a bike and then went through a battle with damian in the previous cave in which wa shined through completely making me love it more as a member of my team.
Moving up ahead there are 2 simple routes followed by us reaching Helios city, nothing much eventful happened there. Still gonna say this was before the third gym and my mons are now capping near level 50 as venusaur has reached the level 50 mark, though still thinking 3 mons are not enough might train up a few new members.


Now in the evening I went ahead and got to go back to Metchi town to get my delta grimer, give it 2 rare candies and get it to evolve into a muk, now possibly looking at this mon for a team. Exploring the helios city it is evident that it is the biggest city in the region, someone is willing to trade me a delta lotad for a dragon type, got myself a bonsly. And met the Gym leader Xavier once again who promises to gift us something if we win the badge in the town. The huge departmental store is also a point of interest to view and the sewer of the cities which is obviously the next stop I have to go to.
I crawled around in the sewers without using flash and struggled to find a way, then I impulsively surfed n the side of the city and found a woman who handed over the tm of flash to be, with this new found power, I decided to turn back to the sewer systems and found myself landing in the black market, a few of very very useful items and gadgets would be here, thought continuing t this rumored secret base of a cult being here, we run into taen.
Out of nowhere then Reukra comes and tells us to make a deal, as he clearly remembers handing over the delta starters to us this was a very interesting thing to do for a cult leader like him and then as he explains that perfection cult is more or less of a group seeking more potential in Pokemon, with a long speech he tells us how he’s like to study the mega evolution theories by us battling Taen a guy who uses mega evolution himself. He kept a mega stunfisk and then a kyurem, however a combination of muk and venusaur was able to take him out with ease, theonly thing that really trouled me throughout this entirefight was his grumpig’s teeter dance which took down gardevoir from a position of winning rather easily.

After the battle reukra gives us our very own mega ring and then moving a bit up ahead I found a delta venusairite, which means now I have the access to mega evolving my own starter pokemon, following up ahead there were a few sky cultists and right before the main plotpoint a chansey that was there to heal my team, thankfully.
Then as we reach the Augur Jaern he first acts shocked as if to why we are here and then in middle of thanking us as to say brings out sky cultists and finally breaks the secret of him being the leader of sky cult all along persuading people to trust him so he can take control over torren. He also got rid of the first augur and his hoopa so that the cult he started would not be in danger. The gym leader east is also present there and we learn his Sky theme is the specialty of flying and dragon type pokemon, and then the other deal, we battle east, if we lose we get put up for sacrifice and vice versa, that is when I went ahead in these wild conditions, the battle with third gym leader; it was relatively much easier to go through as I was over leveled still to my surprise and then the ability of mega venusaur which worked like a moxie for boosting special attacks piled up the ko’s easily.
With that gym leader east is now surprisingly no more… then augur heads up to the tower to summon rayquaza and so he does, and then challenges us with it, for my ease; I used nuzzle on his mega rayquaza that used dragon dance and then on second turn used ice beam and it got fully paralyzed. And I finished it off with another one. There is tis famous crystal hanging around after the battle that the Auger mentions having unlimited power that he needs, damian reaches there and to avenge east, shatters the crystal into 3 parts with shaymin as it scatters around the region and the augur flees to retrieve it.
Then we get a cutscene of Jaern finding one, another one being found by a sky cultist and then the last one falling in hands of reukra. With this I reached the pokemon center and as I got my pokemon healed report about a hiker being attacked by sky cultists who was then saved by jaern tells how he will never hear a word against the man as he saved his life. This lays a layer of ‘oh! Its pretty useless to tell people he is a cult leader now’
On the next I day I open up the file and travel through the cave which was previously being blocked by the sky cultist, to now lead to utira town, where we need to go study about a prophecy regarding hero. This cave held many fire types and I caught a few. Once we find a secret passage n the library a librarian that looks a bit significant from his appearance comes out and then helps us get through, behind this locked doors are apparently ghost trainers which help us get through there. Once I was finding a lot of ghost types that were significantly leveled in these parts, I got an idea to put the delta pidgey I had caught a while back to put it on the team, after all a dragon and dark type would be a good addition to this team of mine. And so while training a bit in there it did evolve quite easily. While right now my main focus was on training and leveling up my mons in the significant times of gameplay when I have found a squad of six I might as well be going back and getting myself a few berries to shed down the extra evs and then ev train them to their best potential. But for now lets keep it on the backpedal.
Progressing in the library we find a glowing orb that transforms into a person who describes themselves as the person who knows the true prophecy and after a boss battle with her, she spills the beans that the hero will defeat all the cultists and then join the infernal cult which makes nora freak out as to think one of us is a traitor she even goes as far as to say that damian might be the traitor and probably his stepmother was right about him. To hearing this damian leaves and then tells us to challenge the gym in sonata city, after which capability of diving will be accessible to us. So that’s the next stop
The next stop was going to Miara town and then going to its museum, as we reach Miara town we see the leader of the abyssal cult, then we go ahead and get ourselves to the museum there, where a crawdaunt is blocking the obvious way, going to to see the blue orb exibit, the leader of abyssal cult threatens to take it and then leaves with the clear bell that was for summoning lugia an then explained since everyone thinks that abyssal cult is after kyogre, it was much easier to get lugia another mon that will be able to control seas. Then I reach the whirl islands, at this point I had bought the ev training items as well as berries to remove the extra evs. My delta gardevoir rocked here especially as it learned thunderbolt sweeping through the grunts however when it came to battling Audrey with her lugia and mega crawdaunt. My entire team made a collective effort for the win.
Then moving forward we get asked this favor from the sailor to get to save an area from invading pirates I found a delta axew in this area and caught it.
Moving over to the route next to this city we face a little cut seen of jaern and Persephone talking to each other, about finding the crystal shards and Persephone sending someone after us to get to us as the original plan was to get rid of us for some reason. It seems that the darkrai and the sky cult are working together. Moving on we finally get to sonata city where we have to challenge the gym leader harmony, ust like some previous main battles of the game, venusaur stacked up a few calm minds and then got stronger with its ability called hubris. The most trouvbling mon was her leading mincinno with skill link and a kings rock which happened to flinch me multiple turns until I got out my pidgeot which I named dabura after the dbz character and glared and took it down, in a fairy gym it was prolly the last member I was thinking of taking the lead but it really helped from there I 1 shot even her mysteriously famous mega miltank.
After this battle we get the news that this hospital has its power cut, I went around the hospital basically wasting tons of time on my hands and then realized the simple thing we need to do was to go to the basement. There we find reukra and taen once again.
Reukra knows harmony for some reason and then requests her to meet her father who is hospitalized there she declines and is reluctant at first but reukra explqains the only reason to cut the power was to get her to come there.         Eventually upon hearing that the stake of people’s lives are at hand she lets him meet her father. The room above Reukra gives a suggestion for a treatment to get his father injected with pokerus as a way to treat him as it would be amazingly affective; harmony distrustfully does so however the experiment goes wrong and he turns into a human pokemon hybrid.
Damian enters the room while being loud and gets instantly kidnapped. Now nora and harmony go off in search of damian and then harmony tells us to warn the next town’s leader about how the cult is after her now.
We reach the next town kepler city to be exact and warn the leader though after exiting her plant we see audrey appear out of nowhere and threatens to flood the world and is prepapring to bring out kyogre. We obtain a diving suit and dive down in the ocean we get to their base, though I got wrecked at first and decided to come back and stock up on hyper potions and revives, going back after obtaining Audrey, the leader’s dna we transform and go through her alakazam’s light screen. Here Audrey explains to us that there are many moiré creatures and beasts down in the ocean and kyogre will let her bring them out one by one as her cult would go stronger, I surprisingly hadn’t healed before the battled with my gardevoir as she lead with her volt absorb lantern so nothing could be done their with lantern burning me with scalds and venusaur mega evolving and using calm minds and moonlights to set up it was kinda a sweep until kyogre with her own calm mind setting up got down in 2 turns. Gardevir picked up her mega and then kingdra, surprising she didn’t use her lugia this battle, after all it isn’t a water type after all.
With this the plot develops much more further the melde guy who is harmony’s father appears and then orders Audrey to join him and tells how amazing he feel due to the pokerus. Then tells her about her selfishness and how she left her own child alone to go after a pokemon, all of a sudden damian appears and we realize Audrey is the mother of damian, which is a huge twist; damian takes away the crystal rom her and kyogre is freed. All of a sudden kyogre takes Audrey down into the ocean with her, probably ending her. Then melde reassures damian that he did good after he has a bit of remorse that his actions harmed his mother.
We stand there explaining this to harmony, after a bit of here and there I gave an attempt at harmony but lost by her mega metagross in a surprising sweep. It was time to train today. EV train before the 5th gym, I was through the half way point of the game maybe or before the badges so the following the the squad of now 6 pokemon that I came up:
Some important things that happened in the training days of 14/5/2020 and 15/5/2020:
·         I found a shiny while training the the secluded section of the library, a shiny dusclops; however so panicked when it used a curse, misclicked into running away. Seems so I have bad luck with these shinys as last time I found one in an official game; pokemon crystal, I didn’t have any pokeballs.
·         I chose flygon as the last member for a specific reason that it now has 2forms I can alternate between. Like the mega flygon form as well as the armored form, I wanted an armored form on my team, and flygon felt like a great mix.
·         Now all my team is in above level 50s of the levels, I overall found ev training quite easy and that is why I set it out to do since its simply made so easy in these games that it felt like a need to do so.
·         The team composition is kinda ok-ish I guess. Muk is the physical wall and now flygon after the armor and calm ature can act as a decent special wall. Another ver big development was that I tried to have a raffle for changing nature and got exactly that its relaxed nature changed to calm, much better now.

I now have 3 functioning mega pokemon on my team.
Now that my attempt at anasthasia went super well afterbeing smart to set up 3 minimize in front of her substitute swagger foul play spamming klefki, I got  attack boost as well, after that thing went down muk started sweeping through her team, even 1 shottong her mega metagross but then went down to an ice punch from her electrivire. Which I later took down with the power of my latest mon, a mega flygon, whose offense I was quite impressed by, and so another leader went down. It was kinda tactical to get around her 3 air balloon carrying mons in a steel and electric gym but nothing that was too much for flygon and this now overlevelled team of mine.

After his we are prompted to visit her in her workshop and there we find taen once again, taen looks to be happy with one of his commissions anasthasia had worked on, a zekrom armor, this armor is equipped by his Zekrom and Orion appears after his reshiram tells him to, then after challenging and losing to Taen, Orion now loses his reshiram as well, we are prompted forward to selene citys dragon tower now.
Passing though the next route e reach a small town called nasca town with this town’s upon reaching which there were these strange cuts in the screen for some reason and then we appear in a void where a cloaked figure tells us about what we have to do now, stop Persephone and some hints about nora. main attraction being a safari zone which I couldn’t be bothered with so I passed to murk forest to reach hikate town which uses these cool looking fiery magic teleporters to switch between areas of town and this is the place were we first hear of infernal cultists invading this area. In this town I found my second lucky egg that was held by a whismur and felt quite lucky to myself that the process of grinding is now gonna be much more simplified.
Now it was time to take down the infernal cult and it was actually much more easier than I expected my mons ran through zenith’s team. Zenith is the leader of infernal cult who was also the librarian who helped us back when for the true intention of getting to know the prophecy. There is his thing about zenith that makes him feel like a guy who is kinda full of himself and that really makes him be a not so impressive villain in this case.
Upnext we have to reach selene city to challenge diana’s psychic and dark type gym. There was this interesting thing about selene city as firstly that there was Persephone in there and then the talks of a mysterious beast roaming there at night though it would flee every time, getting all the inquiry from around town, we face the delta liepard finally and that is when I got the chance to catch it.
Uptil this point I had stopped training dabura as its offenses weren’t really impressing me though, however through now moving forward we see a convo between Persephone and Diana, who happen to be sisters and seems like they have fallen out over the topic of darkrai, after this Persephone notices us and challenges us with her unprepared team, she lead with a zoroark disguised as a gengar into which I stupidly put earth powers into thinking mega gengar has shadow tag though it was actuallya freakishly cool looking zoroark on her squad; after the defeat she leaves and then Diana assures us that she is doing all this for a reason.
Diana’s gym was rather uneventful for a puzzle I thought was gonna be complicated while going me a lot of experience happened literally to be a straight walk through to the leader’s room, which seemed like a funny thing especially for a gym with invisible walls. The battle was a surprising sweep by my feraligatr as it used agility and after 2 foul plays from her leading sableye the torrent boost got activated it tok down 5/6 of her mons in a 1 shot 1 shotting the mega gothitelle with a crit but then cresselia survived. Which my other team members picked up surprisingly so I didn’t have any megas for this might as I wasn’t expected a straight walk through to the gym leader and though Diana was also a gym trainer… whelps this was probably the easiest gym leader fight so far in this playthrough.
As we leave the gym we see taen moving over to the dragon ruins and then on reaching the top he attempts to fuse kyurem, eshiram and zekrom after he so explains the lore of the original dragon however not knowing its name it doesn’t have the ability to call them out and then challenges us and nora to a double battle. With kyurem white, armored zekrom and then this time a mega typhlosion on his hands, after loing the battle kyurem and reshiram split and then reshiram leaves to orion who came on the scene. As kyurem and zekrom flee to which taen leaves the sight. After this we get the ability tessaract from nora’s celebi.
Over to the next route I see how quickly the level gap had jut been covered in this small travel through of the game and I needed to do something about it, though I reach amphritite city, the location of the second last gym and it feels as if the region’s story is starting to speed up to its climax. With walking out of the previous route with 1 mon living I felt like another grinding session was on its way.

After starting out another gameplay session in the am hours of 16/5/2020 I did some research beforehand and realized that I was soon to get mew so I got into the crystal cave area dn then here is where we meet a royal looking mysterious figure who distrusts us and tells us the story that the crystal that is being held on by the cultitsts was made by arceus and then delegated to different people including, this person, steven stone as well as red. He says to us that mew will be waiting for us and so it did, capturing it was quite the easy task.
After this I tried to ev train mew for a bit but honestly got tired. Its special attack ivs we just purely horrible so I researched on the secret bases much more and realized I could max them out legitimately. Now after this I got the ivs maxed out and soon after got myself the exp training I had to go several rounds and once even trying to get myself to sell the great balls and a few stones which I can buy later on as well anyways, so there wasn’t much need for it; I decided to call this session out final and then get myself my team all above level 80s. my venusaur as ace gets the special few levels in being level 87 now. After this I rushed over to calreath who I had rather embarrassingly lost to just beforehand however… this time I forgot to put on any useful items on my team at all and well got past his second mon kabutops, but then finally him sending out manaphy was the last straw for me. Now I have decided to armor my flygon and then challenge this guy:
It went really easy overall, especially just by making these few smart choices on my team, it really did end up working out well in my favor. Beforehand in a town there was this entire vaccine against the deoxys disease fiasco that happened as well and somehow I completely have forgot about it. Zachary is supposed to be a very trustworthy figure in the people of the region, so when he starts vaccinating, people take shots but it is actually a greater plot to instill mind control in them. I was reminded of this entire event after I came back to the save file on the evening of 16/5/2020 and realized there is a tv broadcast event in Amphitrite which is being done by Zachary just outside the gym.
Zachary prompts everyone to get vaccinated and to get out and bring calreath to him as he is a threat, this means now a majority is under the control of zachary’s mind control powers. Calreath flees seeing this situation and for the first time we see nora’s spirit dwindle a bit, for the reason that Zachary is essentially the most powerful person in the region, how would they be able to take them down.
Now to move onto mount rose we see that our path is blocked and that reukra called to help us, we reach there and reukra would want a part of mew’s dna in exchange and they know about all this mew business as our mega ring has a tracker in it. After taking the dna of mew and combining it with this information they are able to make mewtwo and then taen challenges us again, this time once again with a varied team having a different mega, mega zebstrika; it was kinda easy to take him down here.
After this we go back as reukra says the infected two in malde and damian would help us, and they do so; malde tells us to get the crystal off of Persephone and zachary’s hands and that is why we are being given this favor, now after this upon climbing mount rose there is a jump cut to calreath getting Diana at her gym and then them leaving, and darkrai follows her, we realize that Persephone is spying on Diana and know is confirmed that there has to be a reason that darkrai is after Diana and doesn’t come to her. Climbing further up ahead we get to a lovely little snow town, some people there hate and some there love it. Now from the top of this mountain is where we have to take down infernal cult.
On for 17/5/2020 I go ahead to get myself challenge the infernal cult for the second time, upon entering there base with calreath and nora being in one group and then Diana and us being in the other, being quite; Persephone intervenes…
This is where we get to know a bit of a background of Diana as well when Persephone calls her out for leaving her alone in a bad spot and her being an infernal cultist.  Upon hearing this zenith or Zachary comes up and imprisons us alongside Persephone. We anno the guard to get him to battle us and then get his dna to transform and escape; Zachary realizes that we escaped and comes up to us as he panics to guard him for his broadcast. When he is about to start calreath’s manaphy comes out to interrupt and we blow out our disguise in front of him, using this table as a battle platform alongside his groudon, zenith sends calreath in a trap door down to their basement.
This is when he challenges us to a battle alongside his double legendaries of heatran and a primal groudon as well as a mega blaziken this time, but he was easy to take down. After the battle another disuised member appears and eventually we find out that it was that girl we fought back in the library and she reveals it was all special effects and so and this big villain is again here referred mysteriously as ‘she’ who is basically suing them like puppets and making these events happen. This person without giving their name tells Zachary that the prophecy she told was obviously fake and the dialogue has a humorous undertone to it.  I forgot to write but from proceeding from dragon ruins the 2nd augur also has a scene with these seemingly giratina cultists. And he too says as if he was being used all along for ‘Her’. After this we are prompted to end the infernal cult for the better and we obtain zachary’s DNA as well as his shard of the crystal, finally one piece is in our hands now. Persephone tells us to follow her and then takes diana’s mons alongside cresselia to bait darkrai, we take Diana and escape; now the next stop is supposed to be either shade forest as Diana went after Persephone or nara town.
By accessing the heart swap statue by the deycaan town that I visited I was able t reach nara town with quite some ease. Here in narra town I got myself a delta growlithe and then a delta girafarig on thed previous route by trading. By entering the cave that we need to progress we see malde disguised as a normal erson, he tells us to go to the shade forest as horrible things are happening there.
We reach there at the darkrai cult base and persephoeis once again trying to get to summon darkrai and when it appears she threatens it with damanging and then trapping cresselia in its pokeball. Persephone states that send them (malde, damian and us) to the dream realm of our mind, however an enraged darkrai happens to send everyone there.
That is where we enter a dreamland or a nightmare land that is part of our mind by this portal. This is where we find Persephone now in distress of where has she ended up herself in. and after bragging about how shocked we would be after finding out what she did to us before we escaped, she battles us, this time with a mega spiritomb. Travelling through this area was quite easy and her main mon were level 80 right here, but the battle wasn’t tough. One interesting detail to notice was that this time she has a good mix of psychic types in there presumably from the mons of Diana that she stole, after losing she continues on to find an escape.
Moving further we find damina and malde that are looking for an escape themselves and then malde suggests since this dream realm is  a part of our mind if we are no more then they would be able to escape pretty freely. Then prompting a deoxys infused damian to battle us, where he starts off with a deoxys of his own and then on the roster he has his mega charizard as well as a sky form shamin, though he too was taken down. After losing malde prompts him to leave but damian stands in front of us silent for a moment, then handles us the crystal shard secretly now giving us the two pieces we needed. There is more hints and talks about a mistress that they work for, and her plan here again shrouded in mystery but one point is made clear that whoever this secret person or giratina group is they have the most power out of any, we don’t fully understand them yet but the crystal must not go in there hand as a cloaked giratina figure had even told us the mysterious words of ‘its time for the world to return to the mirror’
Continuing on in this rather fascinating area where cities and towns are small however named interestingly after parts of a brain or termed after them, we reach erebus city, after being reminded many times throughout that the gym leader there called Adam is waiting for us. Upon entering the gym Adam introduces himself as the first augur.
After solving a big laser puzzle that I had to look up in the second room I finally reach there and a big mystery of the plot is completely unfolded. Adam who was the first augur also was our father being chosen by hoopa and then by the group of the supremem trainers was given the crystal so that he can use its powers to solve the problems of torren’s cults somewhere in there being over confident he lead his guard down and then lost to these cults, Persephone was the one who tricked him and trapped him in our mind. This dream realm, she also tried to delete our memories with making her gengar use dream eater to finish him off and us as a threat aswell, however he was able to contact hoopa and sent mew to help us; this was the voice that we were hearing at the start of the game when we wake up at the cult base. The fight went really smooth though. My mega flygon was able to take the win without going down, despite him using 2 full restores and a max revive. This flygon in its mega form and bug type is quite powerful though. He tells us to leave asap as time passes differently and upon going out of this place nora tells us to reach gaea town as the augur is fighting one of the giratina members.
In the evening of 17/5/2020 as it was a Sunday I decided to make a huge leap of sorts in the gameplay. So what I did was simply go on ahead to Amphitrite city. There we find jaern and then the mysterious figure in a giratina robe. She is battling jaern and defeats his raquaza and tells him how he was a nuisance to be the leader of the sky cult and get the crystal for himself, well that happened and then just like that jaern was exposed. This giratina figure tells us to follow through to the place where we found mew on our journey and jaern is eft broken and escapes as people are questioning him, now a third of the crystal has gone in the hands of giratina cultists with only a single part in my hand. We reach over there however jaern stops us in our tracks and battles us, this time not with a team of flying types as one would expect but a team of strong mixed mons as the augur, the battle was easy though. I go ahead and a grunt tells me to follow through and skip dimensions to find and visit Her on the other end as she wants to meet us. We go there passing many known areas of the pokemon games until we are in the hall of hegemony, here she finally is revealed and calls herself nyx, these are people that sided with giratina when giratina and arceus fought and as a result of giratina losing they were trapped in the distortion world.
Following is a passage taken from pokemon insurgence’s wiki as nyx explains a lot through her dialogue:
  Originally calling the Distortion Realm home, Nyx and her followers believe that the universe which the player calls home, the "matter universe", was originally meant to be the "antimatter universe". Instead, Nyx and her group were forced to dwell within the antimatter universe due to Giratina losing to Arceus in a battle over the right to rule over the two universes, causing Giratina to be dethroned and sealed away within the Distortion Realm. Living within the Distortion Realm led to the corruption of the appearances of Nyx and everyone else dwelling within the Distortion Realm, which ultimately forced Nyx to act to save her own universe at the price of destroying the matter universe. With this in mind, Nyx would eventually make it her goal to take back the Crystal from Arceus's control and return it to Giratina.

Nyx's first involvement in the player's story is traced back to the creation of the Infernal Cult, where she used her own abilities to push Zenith towards creating the cult and ultimately causing enough strife and discord in the Torren region to force the The Timeless to act. The Infernal Cult's actions would eventually inspire the creation of other cults and the actions carried out by all of them would cause Adam to take it upon himself to stand against the cults and their plots. Adam's strength alone was insufficient, leading to him seeking out assistance from The Timeless. By majority vote, The Timeless agreed to allow Adam to borrow the power of the Crystal, allowing Nyx's plans to proceed forward smoothly.

However, Nyx's plans first started to go awry once Jaern became involved and managed to deceive Adam before she was able to influence Zenith to claim the Crystal first. As a result, the Crystal fell into Jaern's hands and Nyx had to develop a new plan to take the Crystal from Jaern. To further complicate matters, Jaern managed to lose possession of the Crystal during the events at the Jade Tower, creating two new targets for Nyx to target in order to regain the Crystal, now in pieces. To prepare herself to take the Crystal Pieces away from Zenith after he had hopefully obtained them from the other cults, Nyx enlisted the assistance of an amateur street magician disguising himself as an Ancient Oracle to feed Zenith false prophecies and lower his guard upon hearing "foretold" good news.
After this it was finally time to battle the big boss of this game. Nyx invites to battle you in an inverse battles where type effectiveness are inversed and then I lost on the first try.  Was kinda thinking I’ll get some sort of a game over screen but the game saved me by putting me back in a pokemon centre as I used the money I had gathered and grinding my mons upto the level 90s. now going forward after defeating nyx the crystal is again reunited and then giratina appears locking us in there. During battle the giratina happens to react to the crystal turning into its origin form or something, it took a reset to get it caught in a timer ball.

Moving on as the crystal is taken from us, we go through Nexa town upnext to go ahead and challenge the pokemon league however this huge area called the victory road was in the way having 3 distinct sections in volcanic, then ice and then plains area, plains was by far the easiest and I struggled with the ice puzzles so looked them up. Since I had already grinded a fair bit I had to skip the trainers wherever I could. Finally getting to reach the pokemon league. I kinda hoped that my mons had better movesets and strategy when combined on a team so I happened to backtrack a bit with the move relearner and got them some modified movesets, then being ready to challenge the pokemon league after all this chaos of the game.
On the am hours of 18/5/2020 I came back got my mew moveset together as well as a delta gardevoirite. Upon entering the league I was told that the format will be at set that adds a layer of challenge
The first member I ended up facing was elite four Kayla whose team is based around setup and baton pass with a team of smeargle, slowbro, blaziken, sylveon, espeon and a scizor; the setup gave me a whole lotta trouble especially as the set format gave her more time to setup the mega slowbro picked up my mega venusaur and I quickly stuck to going for hyper offense, my style. She kinda made some stupid moves or say got greedy with her setup and ended up falling.
Well I happen to fall against the next 1 called yuki and get ice types, tried again and Kayla crushed me… I need to firstly get all my mons to level 100 as all mons of e4’s team are equal to your highest level and then make a proper strategy and shift up a team to take down this elite four.
Following is my gameplay team that I took to the elite four
And so I thought I need to completely scrap this team and build a new one from scratch if I wanted a chance at this however I soon realized that that wouldn’t be necessary after all after giving this some thought, I realized just what I needed to do with this team for it to be successful.
Firstly I stirred up some movesets and made a note on varying item choices or shifting them in between during the elite four lineup. Feraligatr now learned roar and swords dance, mew got a completely special moveset (though I kept fly for convenience) and got ev’d to be a purely special sweeper now. Gardevoir also got thunder wave instead of thunder to cripple my opponents.
Now I won’t be writing down how each and every elite four member went but a basic idea of what I did to be successful against them:
First up Kayla was here and I roared her initial smeargle’s baton pass, her sylveon had setup about 4 calm minds as muk came in clutch by its minimize and stockpiles ko’ing it with a combo of earthquake + toxic damage so she wouldn’t use full restores on it. From that point on it was a bit of gardevoir spamming twave despite being given specs for this battle and I won easily.
For thenext two battles with london and then with yuki, mew held choice specs and gardevoir was equipped with a choice scarf. The choice specs really did end up helping me out in these battles. and I was able to defeat them easily. Mega venusaur was about to set up another victorious sweep until I realized that mega cryogonal’s signature ability of sleet was a hail that increased in chip damage ever turn. Each battle here took a revive and then against yuki’s cryogonal I had to use my sdefx2 to survive its hits with my mew which finished it off.
Last up was London in this battle I gave my flygon its mega stone and it surviving the psyshock from his mega reunicles by just 4 hp points was able to ko it with a second bug buzz of its own, from there the last few trick room turns were quite tough however, once trick room was over I overcame his team with offense. Two revives were used in this battle.
Last up it was time for the champion battle, with reukra, this was probably the most interesting battle I have had in this entire playthrough. First up he leadswith his armored tyranitar as I contest it with my specs mew, for some stupid reason after surviving an aura sphere and setting up a dragon dance he uses up 2 of his full restores and then decides to switch into his haxorus, which lived by a sliver s well and then repeated using 2 more of his full restores. Mew was able to take them both down by spamming choice specs boosted aura spheres. Then came out his big boss, the shadow mewtwo, against this beast I decided to send out my muk and got to use toxic on it as it was now also taking chip damage from the sand that was ticking by, after muk went down I decided to bring out my mega venusaur and use leech seed on it, his shadow mewtwo actually went down from now about half health to a combination of leech seed and toxic damage, that’s a way to call it a team effort. Then came in his kyurem taking out my venusaur with his specs ice beam, realizing he was choice locked I brought in my feraligatr and used 2 sdefs as I began to use revives on my team, all five of them, at this point I am running out of mons to battle as feraligatr was my last mon left. I was healing up my other mons as kyurem kept using ice beam into it, as well as feraligatr when it came down to low enough health, just for the fun of it I also used my x speedx 2 as well as my xattack x2 and then went to take out his kyurem as he switches out into volcarona possibly running out of ice beam pp, then last up for him was his armored delta volcarona, which feraligatr took down as kyurem came back out missing 2 draco meteor in a row but then took down feraligatr now my 5 mons that were healthy due to revives, I sent out mew which finished the battle off with one single aura sphere. Mew has definitely been the mvp of this league and more for that its aura sphere has a big impact in its success.

No comments:

Post a Comment