Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 6 February 2018

January VGC 18 Report

Hi guys today I am back with a VGC report, this time featuring not much but only a team, the thing being that I was trying to fit into this format and I think I found out exactly what works for me, my style: hyper offense. Following team is about that, a lot of hyper offense just like my last build of blacephalon and charizard Y combination. Without further ado, lets get into this post:
Ludicolo @ Waterium Z 
Ability: Swift Swim 
Level: 50 
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe 
Mild Nature 
- Fake Out 
- Hydro Pump 
- Ice Beam 
- Giga Drain  Pelipper @ Focus Sash 
Ability: Drizzle 
Level: 50 
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe 
Modest Nature 
IVs: 0 Atk 
- Scald 
- Hurricane 
- Protect 
- Tailwind  Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite 
Ability: Intimidate 
Level: 50 
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD 
Adamant Nature 
- Play Rough 
- Iron Head 
- Sucker Punch 
- Protect 
Naganadel @ Life Orb 
Ability: Beast Boost 
Level: 50 
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe 
Timid Nature 
IVs: 0 Atk 
- Sludge Bomb 
- Draco Meteor 
- Protect 
- Flamethrower  Cresselia @ Wiki Berry 
Ability: Levitate 
Level: 50 
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD 
Modest Nature 
IVs: 0 Atk 
- Psychic 
- Ice Beam 
- Trick Room 
- Ally Switch  Tyranitar @ Darkinium Z 
Ability: Sand Stream 
Level: 50 
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD 
Brave Nature 
IVs: 0 Spe 
- Rock Slide 
- Crunch 
- Protect 
- Taunt 

Teambuilding Process:
So before this I had a team on my mind that featured kommo-o minly did revolve around kommo-o setting up with a core of cresselia and mega gengar the original core turned out to be good but the rest of the team had celesteela, scrafty and a tyranitar which didn’t work out extremely well especially in the case of having multiple pokemon with the same weaknesses and 3x of them having 4x weaknesses to somewhat very common types, with putting that on the side after making a lot of adjustments in that team I finally reached the decision of making a completely new team, this time I really did not feel like putting in a lot of effort into it as so I decided a team that I wasn’t able to do the entire last season, correct a rain team, starting out with the versatile pelliper and ludicolo combination which can cover for a lot ofthings I started puttings mons aroud them and ended up with a very satisfactory team as you can see above.
The Team:
First up I’ll be discussing the pineapple duck, I guess so, ludicolo is an amazing pokemon, even using it with the rain or without it worked out really well, I’d often find putting ludicolo in the lead so that I can switch in pelliper safely against other weathers or to boost my ludicolo’s speed or z-move’s power with using fakeout as a distraction, ludicolo may not seem life the bulkiest of all pokemons without the assault vest but then again using fake out as a good utility alongside works out really well with the speed boost in the rain which also boosts its water type move’s offense works out really well and ludicolo usually does do a whole lot of offense before getting taken down.
Pelliper isn’t more than a utility here I don’t know why but I know that it works really well on this time, I discuss it as a utility here mainly because I’d be often on using it for switching into 1 set up rain 2 as a ground immunity or 3 to take hits and go down to its sash, even though pelliper never got to show a whole lot of offensive presence in a lot of battles but whatever it had was somewhat kinda helpful in battles. not a whole lot much to say about this pokemon really. Yup it has coverage and ground immunity but too frail to stick around in long battles.
Mawile is a really amazing mega pokemon a few years ago I felt like it was a mega pokemon that had the ability to take down all the other mega pokemons in the format, however now with only charizard y being one of the most popular ones I feel like it is somehow lacking in that role, however with starting my team out with a rain combination and two water types mawile was none the less a very safe choice. Mawile is an amazing pokemon in this meta however one big problem I felt like facing while using it was that it seemed to frail to switch in onto other pokemons. Its intimidate was a very valuable option in battles however switching in mawile seemed like a risky play.
This time around I was looking for coverage and naganadel seemed like a very nice option to go for. Ranging from the all popular tapus to the dragon types of the format to the pesky steel types as in ferrothorn and kartana, naganadel had hard counters for the all. I used a timid nature naganadel mainly for the purpose of outspeeding an opposing mega salamence. Since sash was taken up  y my pelliper already the best item choice for this mon seemed to be a life orb. Naganadel is very strong however very frail so I felt like being cautious when playing it.
Cresselia was the idea of adding a slower, trick room mode to this really really fast team of mine, also for the idea of being another ground immunity in this team where there were two weak to it already. Cresselia seemed to be the least used member of this team of mine however ally switch did happen to save the day quite often especially in the late game, if I really want both my mons to be protected, one really fun play I feel like making is to protect cresselia’s partner and ally switch expecting a double target into cresselia this is usually a very satisfactory play and a whole turn is successfully stalled.
Last but not the least, we happen to have tyranitar. Tyranitar was an idea from my last team, where it happened to be working well especially for the purpose of hard countering pokemons like aegislash and charizard, that is the very same reason I have this pokemon on my team here, for charizard and aegislash, also with the benefits of setting up a sandstream which can allow chip damage in battles. on my last team it had dark pulse to counter aegislash and intimidate better with a z-move however I felt as it I did that it would be a bit useless as I saw that variant not being the best of any actually, neither physical or special offense so I felt like since it was going for a 4-2 special to physical attackers ratio with quite some tactics to take out the intimidate users tyranitar having crunch could be a lot more affordable.

No comments:

Post a Comment