Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 30 August 2016

Evil-Ho-oh : VGC16 Teambuild

Hey guys today I am back with a team report on a team that I recently built as the title hints that I am using a yveltal ho-oh composition, that might not have been the only surprise and at more anti-meta mon and move choices rolled their way in to make place and make this combination work out well, one of the favorite things about this team is that against the big teams and against wolfe’s winning team I have solid strategies, without further reveals I would get into this report:

The Team:


Yveltal @ Assault Vest  
Ability: Dark Aura  
Level: 50  
EVs: 236 HP / 4 Def / 44 SpA / 36 SpD / 188 Spe  
Modest Nature  
- Foul Play  
- Dark Pulse  
- Oblivion Wing  
- Sucker Punch

Yveltal with assault vest can be a boss, a lot of people might not really like the idea of this pokemon or this variant but it surely did what I wanted to do on the team, explanation is that it isn’t an yveltal that is supposed to dish out as much damage as possible during games, however be a bulkier pokemon and then stall out some pokemons, also if you talk out offense the main form of offense that this pokemon provides me with is  the swagger + foul play strategy and you will learn how I have that on the team. foul play and dark pulse are there to dish out damage, whereas the move oblivion wing and sucker punch make their place in as to cover up the forced assault vest slots and do functions on a bulky team like this one as recovery and priority of offense. This spread I have is top tier stuff, it allows my yveltal to survive a +2 dazzling gleam as a spread attack from a modest 4 atk xerneas, then again it also allows my yveltal to outspeed 252 speed primal which really comes in handy. Overall I really lied this pokemon and especially this assault vest foul play variant.




Ho-Oh @ Lum Berry  
Ability: Pressure  
Level: 50  
EVs: 44 HP / 92 Atk / 92 Def / 44 SpD / 236 Spe  
Careful Nature  
- Sacred Fire  
- Brave Bird  
- Safeguard  
- Protect

Up next is the next bird, ho-oh is so amazing, I feel like pairing it with an yveltal as they do share somewhat of a synergetic side to them, whereas yveltal can handle both the primal really well, ho-oh cannot and whereas yveltal is really weak to xerneas, where ho-oh can handle that xerneas the best. Ho-oh’s main focus has to be having those anti-xerneas and anti-smeargle properties which it does the best! Especially I designed this variant to surely handle that duo. That is why I happened to give it safeguard for that fourth move apart from the sacred fire + brave bird + protect, a lot of people think that lum berry variant is enough to handle smeargle + xerneas with that sacred fire and then keep moves like recover, substitute, tailwind etc on that last slot. But I believe that leaving something as threatening as those two to luck or giving them that room to take two turn in taking down that smeargle and then handle xerneas can be very costly, hence I gave this pokemon safeguard to surely handle smeargles as well as other nuisances like amoonguss, gravinosis bronzing as well as pokemons like venusaur or jumpluff etc.
The spread that I have for this pokemon is every much edited, I first had a really bulky spread but then I felt like I needed some real speed, in that race it lost a lot of bulk but the speed that allows it to outspeed 252 spe primal as well comes in really handy and always makes it outspeed non-scarfed smeargle as well.




Raichu @ Focus Sash  
Ability: Lightning Rod  
Level: 50  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Fake Out  
- Nuzzle  
- Volt Tackle  
- Swagger

Raichu came in this team for good, and then again you see that this is a weird one too, so firstly let me explain my choice of having the move swagger on it. As you can see raichu is meant to support the first two pokemons of my team, i.e ho-oh and yveltal which directly means that I will be bringing it a lot in games to handle any electric types or that paralyses inducer in general as well, just for fun on paper I added swagger but I didn’t knew if I would need it or not at all. In practice I mostly lead something like yveltal/ho-oh + raichu, which gave me the perfect opportunity to get that swagger up and get going with that foul play or go with that lumswagger or even if I get the opportunity to go with that safeswagger strategy. This may seem very idiotic or bad of an idea but it was actually working out in a lot of games, this raichu doesn’t have protect as I didn’t needed it or didn’t ever felt like using any other moves in the place so swagger is truly the best choice.
Woah! that was that for swagger now let me explain the rest of this mon , fake out is standard, but I would discuss that nuzzle, which is something I find very very useful especially on this team, as raichu is meant to support the first two not only with now that lightningrod or that swagger but also in terms of speed control, two pokemons that aren’t very fast would require that and also this provides my raichu as an individual with parafusion techs which can be super helpful, next is that what some people may find weird of that focus sash + volt tackle, the thing with raichu is that it really feels like that you have two different pokemons in one on the team, one side frail supportive raichu and the other that can do heaps of damage to pokemons like kyogre, which really turns out helpful.



Cradily @ Sitrus Berry  
Ability: Storm Drain  
Level: 50  
Shiny: Yes  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA  
Quiet Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe  
- Ancient Power  
- Grass Knot  
- Protect  
- Earth Power

Cradily is something you see and you go like is this guy trying to joke with me? No I am not, I will explain; before I started to rebuild this team, I had mawile, landorus and jellicent as the last three slots, but then when I found good synergy in the first three as discussed, I started to rebuild this team, I felt like I could use something that can take attacks from kyogre that just are meant to run through your teams. Before cradily I though of using something like a gastrodon or a water absorb user, but using gastrodon would again give me a more defensive approach to such a big there at after raichu is gone, crdily fit the spot the best as it can give me that offensive coverage on it as well as protection from things like strong kangaskhan attacks and it also helps beat things like talonflame having that earth power coverage also comes essential, cradily can especially handle those trick room double primal as well as that core of m-gengar, bronzing and double primal. I didn’t added much special to this spread as I liked it’s overall bulk especially when given that sitrus berry and it’s offense too. Another alternative item choice I would suggest would be expert belt to up that damage output by a little bit.



Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite  
Ability: Intimidate  
Level: 50  
EVs: 84 Atk / 172 SpA / 252 Spe  
Naive Nature  
- Hyper Voice  
- Double-Edge  
- Protect  
- Draco Meteor

Mega-Salamence is my favorite for the first time I have this pokemon here as that pokemon that can provide that all essential intimidate support for my team as well as take switch ins into both the primal. There isn’t much to discuss when you see a salamence as you know all of the goods it has, I would call it kind of a sub to a groudon counter. I used to give it that hasty nature to that it can take somewhat better switch ins to that eruption or that water spout that destroys the teams. I have draco meteor instead of that tailwind or that substitute. I feel like that having that opportunity to OHKO threats like rayquaza and salamence is so much convenient on this team and I overall loved this mon as an individual.



Bronzong @ Mental Herb  
Ability: Heatproof  
Level: 50  
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 188 SpD  
Sassy Nature  
IVs: 0 Spe  
- Gyro Ball  
- Rock Tomb  
- Protect
- Trick Room

Last and maybe the least used is bronzing, I didn’t needed this pokemon but I needed a few roles from a pokemon to have on my team that handle the threats of that x.y.z which were at this point something to take attacks from or handle xerneas, salamence and groudon, a pokemon to use trick room as most of the team was very slow and something else to also have that -1 speed using move kecleon and bronzing were one of the only known thing, but kecleon would prove to be a bit ineffective hence I added bronzing to this team which fills in all that criteria, that is probably why you see that rock tomb on it which makes that bit of sense, having protect on a pokemon like bronzong is also really makes a surprise and makes you opponent maybe waste a turn to to preserve bronzing out for the right turns, I used Grant Weldon’s nationals top 4 reaching spread, this should be but psst! I don’t know what it is supposed to do, sorry…. 

Conclusion:
So guys this was it for my team I really hope you liked going through and and will give it a try o maybe you could get a niece idea from this team of mine, bye for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment