Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 30 August 2016

Blue Squad with a Twist: VGC 2016 Team Report

May I ask why does every dialogre team becomes a blue squad I don’t get it so won’t you, but let’s get me into explaining my team.

Theory of this team:
I built this team around the following idea or theory:
1-      Early game use loads of offensive pressure from kyogre to get a 4-2 situation.
2-      Use Marowak’s perish song to stall out the game.
Now that you now what I wanted the team to be built around I can explain in depth now:

The Team:


Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb  
Ability: Primordial Sea  
Level: 50  
EVs: 108 HP / 116 Def / 252 SpA / 28 SpD / 4 Spe  
Modest Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Water Spout  
- Surf  
- Ice Beam  
- Protect

Kyogre has to be the most important member of this team, it also wouldn’t be a lie if I say that the team is built around this pokemon and it is the start of the team because taking the first step as a plan in teambuilding always kinda seems the most important. But the against the kyogre is very simple I keep enough defenses to prevent getting OHKO’d by any non-super effective attacks where intimidate support from my mawile’s greatly helps out my kyogre as well as that lightningrod ability to survive more attacks and live longer on the field. The main purpose of this kyogre is to get that damage going especially in support with marowak and gothitelle’s ability and heal pulse. That trick room + heal pulse & water spout combination is something dreamy and works as finely when build into a team. Since as I have mentioned before kyogre’s main purpose is to deal damage that is why you see that maximum special attack investment. The next most interesting thing about this kyogre is the move surf, it is my long desire to have used this move in a team I can very effectively use this move in partner with my dialga’s telepathy to deal loads of spread damage without that loss of accuracy.

Gothitelle @ Leftovers  

Ability: Shadow Tag  
Level: 50  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD  
Sassy Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe  
- Psyshock  
- Trick Room  
- Heal Pulse  
- Protect

Gothitelle is simple and is already explained, it provides all that support a team like this needs, especially this pokemon compliments my kyogre the best with moves and abilities in combination. I went with this simple ev-spread to make gothtielle into a special wall, as I already do have that intimidate support to help it’s physically defensive side.


Marowak @ Thick Club  
Ability: Lightning Rod  
Level: 50  
Shiny: Yes  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD  
Adamant Nature  
IVs: 0 Spe  
- Bonemerang  
- Rock Slide  
- Detect  
- Perish Song

Up next is the pokemon you would wanna hear about, why is this marowak sitting on this slot? The truth is that what inspired me to do this team was this weird urge of using a marowak in VGC 2016 and then I did I knew that it had perish song so it kinda made up that base theory of this team. Further it does support a kyogre with it’s lightningrod ability and that wouldn’t be all talking about this marowak, marowak’s signature move gives it that rare sash breaking mon ability with the help of which it can ohko pokemons like sashed raichu, liepard, weavile etc  with it’s signature item thick bone it’s attack stat of 145 with this investment reaches to a grand total of 290 which’s power you can guess and yes it even does a lot of damage to the restricted pokemon slots allowed in this format


Before keeping the next three pokemons I had them as salamence, ho-oh and a amoonguss with eject button however they worked out absolutely terribly, hence I added upon suggestion of a showdown user the trio of thundurus, mawile and dialga, after some testing I ended up replacing that thundurus for a gyarados. Pokemons like dialga and maiwle are failry simple pokemons and gyarados is a pokemon tht you can read about in a past post of mine so I will keep it simple and highlight the main factors of why these pokemons accompany this team of mine better:

Gyarados @ Lum Berry  

Ability: Intimidate  
Level: 50  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 12 Def / 12 SpD / 228 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Waterfall  
- Taunt  
- Protect  
- Thunder Wave

Gyarados was put in place of thundurus because of it’s amazing smeargle countering abilities as well as providing further intimidate have that water coverage in presence of kyogre which makes ohko’ing primal groudons easier and faster, providing the thunder wave speed control which is good and thundurus added the same role, all in all it was the better choice over thundurus. Point to note is that  I am not using icy wind in the presence of a primal, the reason is that if I use icy wind then it only helps out my kyogre, whereas if I use thunder wave it proves to be effective with pokemons like mawile and marowak too.

Dialga @ Sitrus Berry  

Ability: Telepathy  
Level: 50  
EVs: 244 HP / 68 Def / 196 SpA  
Modest Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe  
- Dragon Pulse  
- Flamethrower  
- Trick Room  
- Protect

Dialga makes the team much better by removing the ray ogre issues I was having as well as adding that more trick room support which ultimately helped my kyogre be able to do more offense before I start stalling with marowak’s perish song. More trick room was good because the main theory of this team was based on pokemons that could function effective most behind trick room there was no guarantee of them working out in outside of trick room.

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite  
Ability: Intimidate  

Level: 50  
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Atk / 12 SpD  
Careful Nature  
- Iron Head  
- Play Rough  
- Sucker Punch  
- Protect


Mega mawile is the best megas to counter other megas as I have said this before many times myself mawile on this team provides intimidate support as well as answers to that xerneas most important yveltal which threatened my gothitelle + kyogre stance a lot and before I had little to non against it. 

Bye for now, i hope you liked my team!

No comments:

Post a Comment