Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 20 July 2016

Diogre is Fast! : VGC 16 Teambuild.

Hi guys today I am back with another team report, this time I’ll be putting forward something really interesting, this tem in short terms includes of a scarfed dialga and kyogre as to go with the element of surprise, I have been practicing with this team for quite some time for now and I find it quite useful and fun to play with, without further ado I would get into the analyses of this team:

The Team:


Dialga @ Choice Scarf  
Ability: Telepathy  
Level: 50  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Modest Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Dragon Pulse  
- Flash Cannon  
- Roar of Time  
- Flamethrower

First up is the surprise surprise scarfed dialga, the main element of surprise; it may not seem like much but for a base 90 to outspeed them primal is a blessing I feel, also the surprise turn 1 knock outs that it picks with the scarf on threatening things such as mega salamence and mega rayquaza as well as those mega mawiles and potentially those mega gengars as well which is amazing. The flash cannon was first thought of the idea of ohko’ing xerneas before I sets up it’s geomancy, however as the format has progressed it’s not able t get an OHKO but still put it into or sometimes very close to that red scale on hp bar which can always count, not only that the format grows surprisingly in the amount of fairies that it possesses, such as clefairy as well as togekiss, which also makes it a good move choice. The most interesting thing on my dialga has to be the signature move which never gets usage at all, yes the roar of time. When I made the selection for this move I didn’t had a purpose in my mind but it’s just one of those moves that u use when u doubt or are walled up against some mon that u can’t ohko with dragon pulse or the other two moves, while playing with this team it did came in handy quite some times, and I didn’t regret the choice. For the ev spread I maxed the spa, and then the speed this may seem a bit strange; but it’s because some scarf kyogres are jumping in from other metagames and I am super scared of them as they basically run through many teams and potentially including this one.



Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb  
Ability: Primordial Sea  
Level: 50  
EVs: 108 HP / 4 Def / 28 SpA / 116 SpD / 252 Spe  
Modest Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Water Spout  
- Thunder  
- Ice Beam  
- Protect

Fast kyogre the best kyogre, and once again the spread stolen from Jamie boyt’s nationals team J so basically the ev spread allows it to almost ohko kangs with water spout while provided speed and bulk, however I did tweak the spread from Boyt a bit, actually the bulk is supposed to be on the physical side, but I turned that up to the special side, including the fact as this is one of those teams that rely alot on those intimidate users and I have two of them and strategy related which I will discuss shortly from this mon, so I didn’t needed crazy physical bulk and dumped it into the special defense. This helps and improves those 1-v-1 kyogre matchups against pokemons like dialga and palkia etc which plan to wall out kyogres as well as makes it a special wall for switching into moves. This moveset seems also very strange as I have water spout w/ thunder which is usually paired with scald and origin pulse respectively, mega manectric mentioned next also holds key to that reasoning.


Manectric-Mega @ Manectite  
Ability: Lightning Rod  
Level: 50  
EVs: 100 HP / 248 SpA / 156 Spe  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA  
- Volt Switch  
- Hidden Power [Water]  
- Electric Terrain  
- Protect

Mega manectric is a pokemon that I have always had been hearing good things about from the Japanese side, however in other metagames it’s almost unheard of, I was in the beginning inspired to use manectric but I felt like kang gave me a much better strategy, though I just tested it and found out all those good wonders of it, manectric had such an amazing set of abilities to pair up with a kyogre as in lightening rod as well as that intimidate, which speaks for itself there. So first to explain why the kyogre moveset that way, so I always feel like that kyogre needs some other form of water type coverage especially if it is keeping water spout, because the hp can go so low to a point where water spout doesn’t do anything and I needed my kyogre to answer others’ with thunder and I also hated the shaky accuracy of origin pulse and also w/ less power, I needed some other form of water coverage whose job was well done by m-manectric in the form of hidden power water which greatly helps against groudons of all speeds and spreads. I did plan on using electric terrain as a fun way to counter smeargles, that is why I had a thunder on my kyogre to further improve mirror match as well as have another move to get the advantage of the terrain set up. I would say that mega manectric is more of a utility mega pokemon that that of a one that’s put on the team to just do some offense. Volt switch is another very interesting choice for this team as it contributes to my volt-turn core w/ landorus to keep using intimidate and provide great support for kyogre and ferrothorn. I ev’d my manectric to outspeed a salamence and not a mega gengar, so that I could dodge any potential perish song modes and switch around it’s trap, the rest goes into offense mostly and then into bulk w/ the leftovers.



Crobat @ Lum Berry  
Ability: Inner Focus  
Level: 50  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Super Fang  
- Taunt  
- Tailwind  
- Quick Guard

There is always that slot on the team which fluctuates for me a but, for this team it’s the crobat one, though there isn’t much to explain about this standard crobat set, but I’ll tell how it got here and why was it really the best choice for this team of mine. Before it was a cresselia, I knew that using a faster diogre mode I could play as a trick room team preview trick team, adding cresselia would do the job very finely and I was as always tempted to use fast skill swap cresselia with a kyogre on field, w/ safeguard it could also cover up the smeargles as well as the annoying para and confusion if may be, though I really found it underwhelming in a lot of matchups and a dead weight, it contributed making the team weak to the fancy yveltals that always scare me, helping hand was a blessing to help boost the power of and get the ohko’s that it barely misses, it was unfortunately always bowing to those fake outs and their users, priority was annoying for water spout kyogre. Then I decided to bring back an old tactic of mine, the quick guard + tailwind w/ kyogre of field which I really loved, my team didn’t had any counters to trick room as well, so I added taunt on my talonflame w/brave bird as well, brave bird did the same thing as helping hand to get that little extra damage off and it provided the same resistances I needed I to cover for dialga, surprise taunt was really nice in some games and really pulled through, though I still faced problems against the notorious smeargle and had nothing against those trick room user + smeargle, or smeargle + fake out user matchups, I always had to fall to one in order to counter the other and which left it’s marks for the entire game and the big turn one could not be in my favor, the answer to all there threats with the quick guard and tailwind coverage and fake out was crobat, thought crobat didn’t help boost damage output but I could play around it, lum berry helped a lot too.


Landorus-Therian @ Choice Band  
Ability: Intimidate  
Level: 50  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Earthquake  
- Superpower  
- U-turn  
- Rock Slide

Last two slots are very fairly standard so I’ll patch them up quick. This landorus’ tactic is so explain as the volt-turn switch intimidate core which really helps, I also needed a strong physical attaker, landorus is a get go on that list in this format, also it gets core properties around that primal kyogre so that’s always a plus. I use superpower on my landorus as it covers things like dialga and ferrothorn further more on a team where it’s hard to get the fire coverage around in presence of flamethrower as well as it OHKO’s all those kangaskhans. There isn’t also a lot to cover for this standard landorus more other than it’s always nice to have another ground and electric immunity on your team, I loved using it.


Ferrothorn @ Leftovers  
Ability: Iron Barbs  
Level: 50  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD  
Brave Nature  
IVs: 0 Spe  
- Power Whip  
- Gyro Ball  
- Protect  
- Leech Seed


Last but not the least it’s ferrohtorn! A pokemon I consider a top tier one since the season had started, I just love it’s typing and utility and it also forms a perfect type and ability trio core around lando and ogre as well. I needed ferrothorn on this slot to be able to counter xerneas as a physical means of offense as well as that kyogre, ferrothorn can als take on the late game the best and I just love it. The entire season I have been using the standard spread of my own this time I went with 252/252/4 brave nature because xerneas’ are extremely bulky nowadays and I wanted to handle them better.

Conclusion:
so guys this was it for my team i really hope that you guys enjoyed going through it and really like it, bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment