Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 19 April 2016

Team Tronspiration : VGC 16 Teambuild.

Hi guys today I am back with another teambuilding post, this time with a weird title… well in case an idiot doesn’t know who Cybetron is. Basically the concept ideas on this team are derived by sometems of Aaron Cybertron Zheng who is clearly one of the best in the VGC format for like ever. This team is combining cybertron’s worlds 2015 team and his latest Mewtwo + Groudon team. Some of the mosns in these teams actually happen to coincide with each other such as ferrothron, salamence and the gravity, trick room and shadow tag mode to, I never realized that it would come out this awesome.

The Team:


Sylveon @ Lum Berry  
Ability: Pixilate  
Level: 50  
EVs: 236 HP / 172 Def / 92 SpA / 4 SpD / 4 Spe  
Bold Nature  
- Hyper Voice  
- Quick Attack  
- Calm Mind  
- Rest

Sylveon counts the first mon on this team which is used at the same pace as Breloom and Azumarill in this format and in other words not really being used at all. Sylveon is a weird tec counter to two mons that always have and will be a threat for my teams unless I use crobat and xerneas. These are smeargle and yveltal, proofread it. That will explain why weird item choice of lum berry. I loved having lum berry as this pokemon especially when combined with gothitelle can rid of all smeargle and yveltal tactics going around in this format. First of all I can beat xerneas + smeargle w/ goth and syvlei; turn 1 protect goth and go for hyper voice, turn two quick attack into smeargle and set up tr. GG. Similarly with yvetal + thundurus/any other swagger user as I can negate their confusion and go for my fairy super effective attack. Sylveon seems very gimmicky and of limited use from that perspective however it is useful in other teams in terms of walling out specially offensive teams completely w/ cm and rest. Quick attack being fairy type also hits gengar and combining with a faster attack turns in my favor most of the times. It’s full offensive potential is unleashed when I have two special attackers locked in and set up calm minds. The spread’s defensive investment allows it to live a adamant kang double edge from full health



Gothitelle @ Sitrus Berry  
Ability: Shadow Tag  
Level: 50  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD  
Sassy Nature  
IVs: 0 Spe  
- Gravity  
- Trick Room  
- Psychic  
- Protect

Next up is gothitelle. Can I say that goth center strategizes this team? Yes. Gothitelle is a Pokemon has  a lot of overlooked potential, in the start of season I told that gothitelle would get good usge in the format especially because of trapping in opposing mons with it’s shadow tag ability and  setting up the weather of favor in your side of the field, nowadays many popular pokemon players like Cybertron and Wolfe Glick are using that tactic in the form of mega Gengar which they have stated themselves to be very effective for their respective teams. Same as goth for me. Gothitelle can also help in other means such as being my trick room setter and even more important which is setting up a gravity in favor of my primal grouodn and not to mention my ferrothorn from which 2 moves are slightly inaccurate. The spread looks like it’s a bit weird and out of date but in a format where hydreigon doesn’t exist at all and aegilsash is taken care of by my primal groudon I needed no special bulk to survive specific attacks, so max hp and max defense was chosen also Sitrus berry helps back up against Kang’s attacks as it can threaten quiet some mons from time to time on this team. Ferrothorn + gothitelle is also amazing.



Ferrothorn @ Leftovers  
Ability: Iron Barbs  
Level: 50  
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Atk / 156 SpD  
Brave Nature  
IVs: 0 Spe  
- Power Whip  
- Gyro Ball  
- Leech Seed  
- Protect

Ferrothorn is something I have used crazy lots this season just because of the reason that it fits my playstyle the best and I feel very safe in it’s presence on my team. Ferrothorn is the best pivotal switch in pokemon for this very metagame it can take so much whether it is attacks from any OP mon except any form of fire type attacks ofcourse. Ferrothron can provide really good switch-in support for mence and sylveon on the team. When combined with gothitelle’s shadow tag it can set up leech seed and slowly swap away the health of it’s opponents. ferrothorn on my team can also be very much considered a second option for countering stuff such as handling xern and kyogre if primal groudon is not present in the party. Ferrothorn is the true pokemon that can turn around games even in such an overpowering format for the game. The spread that  choose where guarantees OHKO’s on 252 spa 252 speed and 4 defense timid natured xerneas’ which I felt was quite a reasonable number to invest in after maxing the hp I invested the rest into special defense which comes in handle while in a 1-v-1 situation against a kyogre.



Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite  
Ability: Aerilate  
Level: 50  
EVs: 44 Atk / 212 SpA / 252 Spe  
Naive Nature  
- Hyper Voice  
- Draco Meteor  
- Double-Edge  
- Protect

Salamence is a amazing pokemon this season especially as it has a lot of supportive potential while using things like tailwind and intimidate and can do reasonably good offense to a lot of pokemons in this format as well. There really isn’t much to say about this pokemon but mine carries something unusual for the salamences nowadays. So basically the reason behind is, most salamences run 2 flying type moves (thanks to aerilate) and a third supportive move such as tailwind or substitute which are popularized. The amount of having dragon moves on such mons is very rare nowadays though. Similar is the fashion with the fierce mega rayquaza no dragon moves. Now is the time in the format to use a dragon type move to get ko’s on them before they do on you, there you go on the reasoning. Similarly to that thought people without hesitating pull in their thundurus’ and raichus on the field whenever they see a mega salamence expecting only flying attacks, dragon pulse hits them w/ more damage. I don’t think if it needs to be said but it’s quite obvious that my slow mode is very slow that it can’t be benefited by any tailwind and my fast mode is fast enough without tailwind, o a side note here it’s my primary counter to primal groudons.


Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb  
Ability: Desolate Land  
Level: 50  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD  
Brave Nature  
IVs: 0 Spe  
- Precipice Blades  
- Fire Punch  
- Swords Dance  
- Protect

Now for the last two slots I needed substitutions for Cybertron’s  2015 team with two restricted slot options what to go for here? It didn’t took a lot of time to figure out what I was gonna be going for so why exactly primal groudon. It could handle ferrothorn and steel types in general that counter my first four really well, that’s good enough reasoning for it, isn’t it? Also it could again help up defeating opposing primal Groudons that after or before Salamence can hurt it really well, groudon can be good behind trick room as well. I struggle with it’s moveset choices a lot though. At first I was running overheat instead of fire punch which caused a lot of risk taking scenarios for example whenever I set up swords dance and gravity is not around I always went with overheat to get accurate damage off and probably never used the attack boost w/p-blades when SD was set-up because of just not taking the risk of missing my moves. Then I added fire punch which also changed my mixed-groudon spread to a fully physically offensive groudon spread which also landed ore damage and helped overall while playing this pokemon on the team. I have discussed primal weather + goth trap before though.


Mewtwo @ Focus Sash  
Ability: Pressure  
Level: 50  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe  
- Psystrike  
- Protect  
- Trick Room  
- Ice Beam

Last but not least is mewtwo on the team. Do I really like copying cybertron for no reason in this format? Not really I realized how awesome of a pairing this pokemon could be, as I say that I’ll be honest that the original idea was to run a primal kyogre here then why I ended up deciding mewtwo? The addition of primal kyogre will make this team was alot though and I would make it a tailroom team probably then. Primal groudon even when completely negating  kyogre’s weather can be threatened a lot by the popular rayquaza and kyogre combination; mewtwo has an exceedingly good matchup against it. Mewtwo is also a very fast pokemon that could give me potential of offense outside of trick room. If I added kyogre here I would end up being every frail against landorus variants, mewtwo can scout it’s item whether scarfed or not with pressure and OHKO it w/ an ice beam; all that reasoning makes mewtwo an excellent addition to the team as well a goof pairing with primal groudon on this specific team. Now for the moveset, psystrike and ice beam also protect are self explanatory. To explain trick room I need to tell stories which is considered merely a joke in this format before it is supposed to work only in the past (2010) people basically don’t see it coming also with lately cybertron’s gravity mewtwo. Originally I had gravity here when I didn’t knew that gothitelle gets gravity. After making goth my gravity partner I ended up giving mewtwo trick room, for one: I can potentially set up trick room on the last turn of it if both of these mons are out on the field for me. 2 it’s unexpected as heck so people don’t expect mewtwo to go for such a move, I can surprise then by switching in my slower mons and then setting up a trick room it also counts as a counter to things like icy wind against my fast mode and tailwind as well.

Conclusion:

So guys this was it for my double trick room team inspired by works of Cybertron of the past and the present. Hope you guys liked reading through this post and are looking forward to give it a try. Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment