Powered By Blogger

Saturday 12 March 2016

The Heat! : VGC16 Teambuild

Hi guys today I am back featuring another really cool team, I do doubt it’s actual viability as this was built quite some time ago, however I do wanna showcase some really solid spreads I made up for the team which might help you in finding new teams and members on your teams, as for the twist this team has the restricted slot combination of primal groudon and reshiram. Without spoiling anything further I just wanna get into this team. Let’s get started:

Teambuilding process:
So at the time of building this team everyone was around three combinations of ray-ogre xern + don and the double primal combinations for their restricted slot. Where this idea came to me was actually looking back at the 2015 season, where a duo of two strong fighting types really shone out to many, so this would be so called as a my own version of heatran = mega charizard y combination. Reshiram being one of my favorite legendary pokemon combines with primal groudon to get even stronger. This combination gave me the starting point of my team.

Other concepts to apply on the team in my mind:
. Gravity + precipice blades teams.
. Clefairy’s amazing ability.

The Team:


Reshiram @ Choice Scarf  
Ability: Turboblaze  
Level: 50  
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Modest Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Fusion Flare  
- Draco Meteor  
- Earth Power  
- Blue Flare

Reshiram becomes a total boss whenever behind the strong sun so that it can use it’s fire type attacks to their fullest potential which I really loved about it. So first off I’ll explain my choice of going for the item choice scarf earlier when I built this team, I always somehow got into serious trouble with things like running a groudon, because of it’s mediocre speed stat it got outsped by a lot and due to lame spreads I did for it it’s 100% potential soon became more like 10%-0% in the course of the battle. When I think of placing another powerful mon to take advantage of it’s ability, I want it to have speed. With the similar issues reshiram also had not a very great of a speed stat, and when I add tailwind it requires tailwind set-up which can cause a great loss of potential in-between the set up turn, I needed to do damage and do it fast, putting on choice was the best option here, also it got rid of any rayquaza’s take make their way in one the field on a switch in or the one’s carrying a secret water type move to nuke primal groudon. Reshiram in this way also counted as a counter to a threat to my own p-don’s existence. Earth power is there for opposing primal groudon counter, fusion flare for a stronger however 100% accurate fire move, draco meteor is strong and stab where as blue flare is designed to go under the gravity set-up that this team operates.



Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb  
Ability: Desolate Land  
Level: 50  
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 76 SpA / 20 SpD  
Quiet Nature  
- Precipice Blades  
- Overheat  
- Protect  
- Roar

Next up is the partner in crime, Primal groudon (pdon). This has probably been the pokemon seem on most teams since the season starter. This is actually my own version of a mixed primal groudon where it takes advantage of both the special and physical attack stats that it carries. Nowadays there is a not very big chance that you’ll end up facing a mixed pdon. The spread on my pdon is something that makes it the most interesting mon, especially whenever partnered with a clefairy. The spread allows my primal groudon to take up to 252+ primal groudon’s earth power with the help of clefairy’s friend guard, other interesting offensive benchmarks allow it to 100% OHKO a 252/252/4 spread kangaskhan under harsh sun. the physical attack investment allows me to take out even bulkier primal groudon’s in 2 hits, which again makes it very efficient for it’s job. The 3rd moveslot I have for my primal groudon is that roar. Roar further does many many jobs such as stopping opposing trick room as well as the biggest job of getting rid of xerneas’ boosts gained from geomancy set-up which makes my primal groudon a consistent counter to xerneas as well which always comes in handy.


Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite  
Ability: Scrappy  
Level: 50  
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Fake Out  
- Double-Edge  
- Low Kick  
- Sucker Punch

Kangaskhan? Lol, did you just asked. Standard MEGA.


Clefairy @ Eviolite  
Ability: Friend Guard  
Level: 50  
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpD  
Bold Nature  
- Follow Me  
- Helping Hand  
- Protect  
- Moonblast

Clefairy teams were around a lot at the time I started building this team. The main importance that a clefairy holds in this team is solely because of its ability and also it’s potential to draw attacks away from kangaskhan and reshiram’s weaknesses to it’s resistances and immunities respectively. The time clefairy was popular, it was because of what defensive change could it’s defensive ability bring to this format and the variant of making pdon of 252/64+ investment into a 156/4 sdef is quite visible and effective to be brought. Next thing to be discussed about clefairy is it’s ability. Freid guard has no effect on the host, but it’s partners, which in this case comes out to be clefairy. However giving clefairy an eviolite to hold, makes it a very bulky mon, the proof gives my spread which allows it to survive a 252 jolly choice banded dragon ascent from a mega rayquaza, the rest gets into special defense. Normal clefairy usually run a form of speed control, I didn’t had any as I had other ways to do so and I also had ways to stop trick room from getting set up trick room from roar.


Sableye @ Sablenite  
Ability: Prankster  
Level: 50  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD  
Bold Nature  
- Feint  
- Will-O-Wisp  
- Taunt  
- Gravity

Next up is the tricky sableye. I really loved how much potential could sableye support my team with, it could go a lot of ways in a battle. One of the most interesting things on it is without a doubt my choice to go for a mega stone on my sableye. The reason is here; the moveset of my sableye was quite team specific and taking out even one move would ruin the whole strategy of my team or atleast make it unstable. I actually intended to go for magic coat which with the help of sableye’s prankster would be naturally set at priority level +4 so that it would go before fake out and bounce back smeargle’s dark void, however couldn’t use it. Sableye has recently been running many non-recovery items, mainly mental herb; so I didn’t needed one as a must to run my own standard form sableye. To add to it, the use of annoying support moves were at it’s peak, the choice of one mega sableye countered them all, and the good thing, even after losing priority sableye could still use up a move called feint to support at a very slow speed.



Zapdos @ Sitrus Berry  
Ability: Pressure  
Level: 50  
EVs: 52 HP / 148 Def / 12 SpA / 116 SpD / 180 Spe  
Calm Nature  
- Thunderbolt  
- Tailwind  
- Protect  
- Hidden Power [Ice]


Last but not least, a lovely flying electric type, why? two purpose I needed at this type, something to beat primal kyogres as well as be a source of a ground immunity for the first two mons on my team (reshiram and primal groudon) at first I tried many many variants of zapdos including fast, spread substitute one to bulky variants with things like thunder wave and light screen the one that worked the best for me was this present one. Providing the tailwind support for the lack of speed on groudon and adding up to the potential of the punishing m-kang, also this speed control mode effectively matches speed control and another fine job is that it does make my kangaskhan faster than opposing xerneases after their own geomancy set up. This spread allows me to live up to three of primal kyogre’s ice beams with help of it’s sitrus berry. The speed allows it to outspeed 252 spe neutral primal as well as a max speed smeargle. The even hp stat allows it to procs it’s sitrus berry after a super fang which could come in handy.

Conclusion
:so guys this was it for my team, hope you liked it. Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment