Powered By Blogger

Monday 25 January 2016

O i see.... VGC 2016 Teambuild

Hi guys today I am back with an another crappy team of mine that seemed to work out quite well for some reason, so yeah let’s get to what this team was, all I’ll say for now is that the team had weird mons like giratina-o that I felt in love with and also a banded reckless staraptor that could kill and was for dem extra kills to be honest, so let’s get started with this team of mine getting explained:

Image result for giratina
Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb  
Ability: Levitate  
Level: 50  
EVs: 244 HP / 4 Def / 52 SpA / 4 SpD / 204 Spe  
Modest Nature  
- Shadow Ball  
- Draco Meteor  
- Will-O-Wisp  
- Tailwind

First up as always expected I keep the mon in focus of title, for this team the great Giratina-O. I had been hearing bits and pieces about giratina as an anti-primal groudon measure, given it’s typing and the levitate ability, it also had decent mid-way options to either to support or go on good offensive damage output; so way after a ‘real’ team got into being, I had a really crappy team which promised to encase giratina o’s potential, I scraped the rest of the team as soon as I thought how bad it actually was, I also noticed something I loved using and something that worked out quite nicely; the kangaskhan and giratina o lead that gave me options against both against xern and pdon which are the two most used mons in this format. So I started to teambuild serious; going into th build through calcs I knew that giratina-o survives a 252 modest mega gengar’s shadow ball without any investment; from where I knew no further need for using bulky calcs was really needed, so I maxed my hp and tossed 4 stat points into sdef and def for fun, the rest went for giratina into outspeeding things like thundurus which is bulky and some brelooms around in this format. Giratina proved to be better than ever and also became my easy to go kangaskhan counter with w-o-w stalling it 100%, it also handled a lot of other mons and especially mence and ray under tailwind as well. Amazing pokemon and with the right support around it I really prefer this thing to people.

Image result for kangaskhan
Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite  
Ability: Scrappy  
Level: 50  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Fake Out  
- Double-Edge  
- Low Kick  
- Sucker Punch

Next up is the obvious mega pokemon, you can’t do anything other than mega kag if you really want a good team. Kangaskhan can do a lot in this format, such as breaking the sash which is a really popular item in this format with gengar, liepard, whimsicott, breloom, weavile and more nuisances you can think of, having a fast fake out is never bad m9. Kangaskhan, when I think of it; I can’t come up with something other than 252/252/4 jolly spreads and the move low kick… why? Kangaskhan has the privilege to outspeed any speed stat xern by exactly one point on turn 2 of m-evo. Also the fact that it can do a lot of damage to primal and even get ko’s on opposing kangaskhans with the move low kick that it may opt to pack up in it’s arsenal. It does a lot of work in this format and you can’t deny it’s overpowering presence in the format, still going into the third season of it’s release.

Image result for kyogre
Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
  Ability: Primordial Sea  
Level: 50  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Water Spout  
- Ice Beam  
- Thunder  
- Protect

Now we head into the third mon of this team, looking back into the first two in this team; I had a solid feel that kyogre would fit just right in, given that I had that tailwind + water spout and fake out + water spout, sweep options, so why not just put it on; the fact I was confident going into this team that with just a core like presence of these three it synergized quite well, and these three filled up both my solid restricted options and mega slot from which I had a solid core to go on with the team. Kyogre was something I was very comfy with, I gave it max speed to make it able to tie with opposing pdons in critical situations as well as outspeed other p-ogres and use thunder at them before they can do anything.

Image result for ferrothorn
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers  
Ability: Iron Barbs  
Level: 50  
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Atk / 108 SpD  
Relaxed Nature  
IVs: 0 Spe  
- Leech Seed  
- Power Whip  
- Gyro Ball  
- Protect

Next up I needed something to resist grass and dragon type good, and when you have a p-ogre on your team, you can’t resist but not to add a ferrothorn to the line-up of your fancy pokemon party. ferrothorn fit in so well as it’s 4x fire weakness was covered up, as well as it functioned as a counter to opposing pokemons like xerneas and primal kyogre. This a typical set that people like to go for and I opted for it, which gave me both sufficient bulk as well as efficient offense in games. Upon testing I really felt rocky helm + iron barbs was missing the mark, and in this format lefti + leech seed was definitely a more promising and better strategy and I loved to implement it in all my battles so far. Ferrothorn is a pokemon that has tons of potential in this format which is seen if it is properly supported, and just to remind at this point, my sort of a quartz core was done and I began to search for last two slots.

Image result for thundurus
Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry  
Ability: Prankster  
Level: 50  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Thunderbolt  
- Thunder Wave  
- Taunt  
- Swagger

Thundurus….why do I put this pokemon in this slot? Hax and support. To be honest I randomly set the last two slots; yeah I just like did it for fun and just to test with 6 ons and it turned out to be the biggest idiotic thing I have done in the past in good terms actually, just wait and read through you’ll understand. So thundurus did numerous things here, as for examples: thundurus topped talonflame which just by overview of my team I could see and in some matches it really bothered the potential of my quartz core, thundurus provided back-up support with thunder wave in terms f both speed control and to cripple opposing tailwind methods as mine was the only one I ran, hax is an absolute factor that I loved using this thing. Moves like taunt and swagger hold really big importance in this format which I duely wrote down while making notes on the format. Now you also see that I am using Shoma Honami’s spread back from 2015 worlds, why? I’ll explain: I think that there aren’t many big physical attackers that can bother thundurus for real, some would be talonflame whose BB it resist, others come as kangaskhan which it is able to handle with it’s sitrus berry with so much ease; third if I can think of any would be salamence’s double edge which it also resists well, my team also had ways to handle weavile well so there goes that. Overall it worked out really well and I also loved playing this pokemon to cripple big teams and big strategies.

Image result for staraptor
Staraptor @ Choice Band  
Ability: Reckless  
Level: 50  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Double-Edge  
- Brave Bird  
- U-turn  
- Close Combat


Behold the beast! STARAPTOR IS A BEAST, let me just clear that up…. Er’hem! Now staraptor was my last choice in so picking the random additional mons for my team and my only mindset for putting on taraptor in this place was that it did tons and tons of damage, before we head into that it can OHKO pogre, deal with it B) and I do have proof that I used it as a first, so if you see anyone else use this beast, it started from me though ;) so this was obviously inspired from Ashton Cox’s Worlds 2014 and 2015 team member banded reckless staraptor; and the amount of damage this thing does makes you cry. Another niche thingie it had while I went for the 252/252/4 build that it had a base 100 speed stat which made it outspeed max speed xerneas by one point exact which turns out to be big in a tw.i would recommend anyone and everyone to give a staraptor a try in their teams cuz it is good though.

Conclusion:
so guys this is my team and i really hoped you liked it as much as i did, i do feel that there will be lesser of teambuild posts than last season as i feel very less effective and interesting ideas being available to teambuild around. Bye for now

No comments:

Post a Comment