Powered By Blogger

Friday 14 August 2015

Hawlucha Hand! : Teambuild VGC15.

Hi guys back with another teambuild post, this one includes hawlucha YAY! But a support variant. However this would again be a short post as most of the team is lost, though I do have some things in mind from back then that I’ll be putting forward as the ideology and the design of the team so first off: needed to build around mega venusaur, needed a solid core with mega venusaur, needed tailwind speed control and many other things I’d say before this team was randomly lost, the original team included a banette and even clefable + typhlosion on random though but soon was replaced considering how dumb the ideas actually were. Let's get started with this team:

The Team:

Image result for hawlucha
Hawlucha @ Focus Sash
Ability: Limber
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Quick Guard
- Low Kick
- Tailwind
- Helping Hand

Hawlucha was the though of the best support pokemon for m-venu back in the days, especially when t-flame was at it’s peak. M-venu did required protection from BB and also speed control which was tailwind that I choose for it. Helping hand added to everything’s damage on the field, considering the bulky nature of this overall team and spread moves. Hawlucha couldn’t have been any better, + it tricks others into thinking that it is an offensive variant, though doesn’t get taunted. Hawlucha is also beware of and counters paralyzes with it’s limber ability. Hawlucha indeed proved to be the perfect support from mega venu and the rest of this team too.

Image result for venusaur
Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SpA / 20 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis
- Protect

Mega venusaur, as I did explained that I wanted to build around this beast for quite some time especially after aaron zheng used it at APEX. Mega venusaur basically defines the work tank and I did’nt stole Aaron Zheng’s spread as I don’t really like playing too tanky or bulky sweeper mega’s. Plus you know that I want to build around mega’s of my team and by that I mean encase em inside a core. Hawlucha and venusaur were the best friends and the next goal was bringing a core. M-venusaur appears mostly on turn two or proves to be a late game sweeper. It was just a feel-good pokemon to use *psst bulbasaur was my first starter though*

Image result for lanturn
Lanturn @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 156 HP / 252 SpA / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Dazzling Gleam

As strange as lanturn sound as good it sets in this slot of the team. Lantern made the switches b/w the first two mons on the team combined with lantern really good and much more comfy. Apart from that his thing can do much more. People mistake it of only being a blob (that it actually is) while it dishes out a lot for the team, the confusion caused of me running either water absorb or volt absorb is really annoying for the opponent. T-flame or say fighting moves worried me a lot back then for the duo and I paired it up with. Lantern with ice beam can OHKO 4x weak dragons and lando, scald and thunderbolt are generally good stab moves and good types to pack in your arsenal and dazzling gleam puts work against hydreigon and scrafty. It can take care of most meta mons E.G. landorus, thundurus, rain, dragons, rotom’s and even more.

Image result for bisharp
Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Protect
- Iron Head

Bisharp is a really good pokemon in the format it has been and it always will be I guess. Bisharp doesn’t gets nothing much to discuss here but I do know that why did I put up him in the slot. Hawlucha and venusaur both shared that annoying psychic weakness and bisharp was the one to switch in for it also take care well of phychic types too. In addition it helped as a great counter to landorus therian. With taunt on it and no knock off and quick guard combined I could’ve stopped any TR leads by surprise. Even helps against putting/forcing even support variants to attack when I launch head on sucker punches. Bisharp was a great pokemon to support my core and pays off almost perfectly *no team is, was, or ever will be perfect*

Image result for rotom
Rotom-Heat @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 116 SpA / 4 SpD / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect
- Thunderbolt

Next up I realized that amoongus was on it’s peak (phew) rotom-h was just and just that, I love speed creep rotom though and so did went for this one, btw I may have been the first to discover bisharp speed creepers rotom as I had been using this 132 speed investment tact from basically the start of the season. However rotom’s unusual discharge paired up well than ever with things on my team like garchomp and lantern making amazing lead combo’s. rotom can also complementary stop any wide guard users back then by which I mean aegislash mostly. However I would be saying I loved it more than ever to use this mon on the team.

Image result for garchomp
Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Last up on the slot, this was my first time taking serious notes on anything. I felt like having more mobility on the physical offensive side as most of the meta was probably either very specially defensive (still is right now a bit) garchomp helped in pairing up well with the team and syncing with it, at that time salamence was on it’s peak and dragon claw took care of it, garchop was also getting used a lot so I though maybe a scarf set was able to pull through them. crunch as an option comes in handy wearing away psychic types further.

Conclusion:

Another post in another day hope you guys are enjoying this barrage of teams I am putting up one is still left to post shortly after which I’ll be working on the showcase. Hope you liked going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment