Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 12 August 2015

Early beast! VGC15 Teambuild.

Hi guys back with another teambuilding post this time quite confused with myself to. You’ll know why just get started!:
So this was actually the first team ever I wanted to post on my blog but due to other interests, builds and difficulties the ideas were dropped of posting it here and then the team became lost however this was one of my best first time builds. So now as for preparing the showcase I will be putting forth this piece of gold I once had. Much and much of this team is lost with itself but I still do have some memories of how and when and maybe some whys. This team is from around April and also I guess right before I got banned from NB :P but let’s forget those weird memories cuz who cares, right?
I no that I have every little to discuss like I am making an RMT post for this first time on a site though *my first one wasn’t even that bad*but however let’s jump into weirdness before you get shocked and may wanna make a decision of leaving the VGC community *beware it’s just me*. So another inspiration for the post comes from a person who made a post on nuggetbridge that if you have used any archetypes before they went all meta and stuff, this team is probably the most viral weather team right now so you may wanna stick to the idea like that as it was that with this team so does the title came from (something used early turned out to be a beast). Some things I will be going into before starting the actual team:
. This is indeed a very old team and well worked well in it’s own times.
. I know I wasn’t targeting a specific core but wanting to have good overall switch in synergy though.
. The title comes from the ability early bird, from changed to the early beast, and u know right?

The Team:

Image result for tyranitar
Tyranitar @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Sand Stream
Level: 50
EVs: 148 HP / 252 Atk / 28 Def / 60 SpA / 20 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rock Slide
- Payback
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Pretty standard t-tar because superpower tyranitar didn’t existed in that meta. Enough for the complains already. These were the idea of a standard mixed (mostly) t-tars in the day back then. The interesting choice of Payback over assurance or crunch was that it worked better and better especially with the minimal speed and then destroyed basically anything that made it’s way in battle. Landorus-t was the biggest threat at the time to this whole team, with it EQ’ing the turn 1, I had the opportunities to go for ice beam as my mon survived easily with crocking it’s weakness policy and taking it out of question from the battle. Flamethrower was for scizor/ferrothorn that were quite more popular at that timing and served me well. EV spread was I just randomly tossed on EV’s I guess, I really don’t remember anything for it.

Image result for excadrill
Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Protect
- Rock Slide

Next up comes our boy excadrill that I used and was interested to do so for quite some time by that time. Excadrill exited me that it removed threats such as sylveon and gardevoir who wwere at their peaks at the time, it did perfectly so with. Such simple investments because I wasn’t sure about my EV spreads and also to outspeed stuff after tailwind though. Pretty standard I guess. With many immune switch in’s to EQ’s I was able to get back many damages on my opponents. And that was bout it.

Image result for hariyama
Hariyama @ Custap Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Atk / 124 Def / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Feint
- Fake Out
- Wide Guard

Hariyama!? Why? Well for two reasons I think at that time for the purposes of countering kang and using wide guard to protect the sand duo as well as gengar, in addition torotom-mow aginst heat wave. Back then wide guard wasn’t as common almost it was hard to notice on a hariyama. Feint was further helping gengar’s fraility and against the one’s who play protect strats a lot. This wasn’t at all a common hariyama spread but however I was able to take it into many matches. Fake out was further helping my purposes. And I was comfortable going with it. Custap berry pulled through in many matches regarding hariyama’s amazing bulk though.

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

Mega gengar is very interesting of a pokemon to discuss especially for this team. Many people will be having substitute or things like disable, however at that time I wanted an all out offensive built like as such focus blast helped me a lot aginst those earth power heatran and hydreigon almost every time. Rest was self explanatory with protect + shadow tag greatly helped me to trap those switch out scenario’s that were a lot annoying.

Rotom-Mow @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Discharge
- Leaf Storm
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Rotom-mow was a good pokemon for the team, especially for how well it synergized with excadrill and then provided offensive options against the water types that threatened my sand mode a lot. With this form of disquake was good against many pokemon. My team offensively handled physical threats so I wasn’t opting for W-o-W as I wasn’t at all gonna EV it to out speed bisharps or anything, the simple rotom spread was the best against most of the things.

Meowstic @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster
EV's: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Quick Guard
- Psyshock
- Helping Hand


At this point when adding meowstic I was sure that my team countered every threat to itself and it’s own members and I needed appropriate support with it. Meowstic seemed to be the very best option by stopping all other prankster users now with a +4 quick guard thanks to prankster of it’s own adding t it as well as fake out shenanigans. Thunder wave helps in speed control as well as stops tailwinds from setting up. Helping hand helps out everything whereas pschock and safety goggles helped with powder move users such as breloom and amoongus as well as safety goggles paying off in sand sometimes.

Conclusion:
so this teambuilding post comes to an end. still am happy that i am officially posting this team here. hoped that everyone enjoyed going through this time travel back to VGC15 in the april :P. anyways some other teams similar are working their way too hope you will like them too. Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment