Powered By Blogger

Monday 8 June 2015

A Surprise VGC 15 Team! (can't think of a title)

  While being off from the internet for a while I was really bored and decided to make a new team, cuz that’s always a fun thing to do, the team worked out really good so I just wanted to share it with you guys. The team is thoughtfully going to be interesting as it does I features houndoom and altaria in their mega forms (if someone wanted to see a team with them) the team was not built for a big purpose so many of the sets are 252/252/4 spreads. I did loved to use this team on showdown for many of my battles, the team does includes many interesting lead match-ups and different sets on Pokémons like amoongus and rotom wash, than what you usually see. This team isn’t built by a professional, but me ( which I am not :P ) but it really would be worth someone’s time I feel like to go through it

The Team:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amoonguss @ Yache Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Rage Powder
- Sunny Day
- Spore
- Giga Drain

Hey! just don’t leave the post now, I know that this set makes me looks like an ammeter but the reasons would be explained as following: amoongus, as useful as it was as congested was its spread, amoongus did learnt a lot of good moves apart from what is being used most commonly nowadays, like ingrain, leech seed, and sunny day etc, but all these were never ever used. I needed my amoongus to differ from the majority, as the base of the team was laid on mega houndoom who had the solar power ability, and how hard you try ninetales won’t really work at all. I did needed some redirection + something to make abuse of its ability, amoongus in this case was the best option because it covered up many of houndoom’s weaknesses well, so I putted on sunny day for protect. This whole sunny day thing makes me turn weather into my favor other than putting on another Pokémon for this purpose one slot of a move can take care of that. Enough for the sunny day now…. Lets start with other things amoongus can do; amoongus is the slowest of many Pokémons and also has priority it is always a hope in opposing TR situations with spore and also rage powder. I putted on yachi berry on this thing because my team had 3x ice weaknesses so I wanted amoongus to absorb as much attacks as possible. Regenerator works extremely well in the matches I pull out amoongus from the field when not needed, It just keeps amoongus going.

Notes on Amoongus:
. Hence being able to use moves like sunny day and having yachi berry it became a vital counter to specific rain and water types.
. Trick room check ofcourse was the best part of it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  à  
Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Ability: Solar Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Dark Pulse
- Protect
- Nasty Plot

Now’s the time for the star of the team, yes! a Mega-houndoom appeared!, houndoom on its own was pretty similar to that manectric thingie, I should mention that I really love the hades design on it, but when it goes mega it has somewhat much better stats and a better ability too, I have tried to put on this Pokémon in many of my teams in the past, and the test set I putted on was the same every time, houndoom can now set up thanks to amoongus redirecting for it and would live longer than usual though. Houndoom unlike mega manectric had many weaknesses including ground, fairy, water, fighting, rock and the trouble was that some of these were pretty common amongst VGC. Houndoom definitely demanded a core covering it up, amoongus took care of many of its weaknesses so did it covered up for many of them for amoongus but the ground weakness on houndoom was dangerous and I needed a third member of the core at that time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 164 SpA / 16 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Discharge

At first I though of putting togekiss on this slot that would really get me tons of offense as well as bulk, but then it would be immune to ground but the ice weakness would be common on both it and amoongus and it really won’t resist rock at all. The best option for the third slot was rotom wash, rotom wash was immune to ground and also helped me cover up amoongus’s flying weakness, it wasn’t resisting rock but atleast was neutral to it. I really need that HP ice on my rotom to score important Ohko,s on dragons and lando-t, I did needed will-o-wisp but the other way around mienshao and houndoom beat Pokémon like kangaskhan and mawile respectively, for which I basically needed one. It may look weird but the set works just fine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Drill Run
- Rock Slide

Next up on my mind  needed something to counter fairies on the team, the core covered up for houndoom’s fairy weakness but the threats like gardevoir and sylvie were still a big threat.i thought of manylike nidoking and drapion but finally ended up on putting excadrill as it did gave me the disquake on my team whenever I paired it up with rotom-w on leads. My scarfed excadrill always outspeed gardevoir-modest-scarfed-252 spd. I have drill run for anything else on the set for aegislash as many of them nowadays do carry the move wide guard and also the case when I don’t want to use EQ as it would cost my own self and I would lock myself in. scarfed rock slides took care of opposing mega zard y,s.

Notes on Disquake:
. this disquake lead got control of many current meta situation and dealth great amounts of damage.
. both these pokemons were trick slip in for the spread move (EQ, discharge).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Mienshao @ Focus Sash
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Feint
- Fake Out
- Quick Guard
- Low Sweep

I actually did though of putting an inferape in this place for most of the teams when building the teams I do carry some trait to counter fake out which has always been a big move in VGC. This slot was next up for mienshao ( the better one ) , with jolly nature it outspeeds mega kangs fake out, and also has the move quick guard which may save me from priority moves. Mienshao in my eyes is a great pokemon but was never really considered in the meta game, probably it should earn the spot because of its amazing inner focus ability in addition to its capability of countering (the most used ) mega kangaskhan with it. Focus sash is also an amazing item which does protect mienshao from strong moves. Fake out support is never disappointing to have. It really is always standby to smash any scrafty, mega-kangs and mega-loppuny that may occur.

Notes on Mienshao
. Many times predicting double protect stall against meinshao's fake out,using feint + the artner's move got me many one shots.
. Feint also gt rid of any that stood with that single sash point like bisharp, terrakion etc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

 à  
Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Dragon Claw
- Roost


The general team was really complete at the MIENSHAO slot I just needed a Pokémon to make my team more flexible and work in different situations, I did needed a water resistance, probably a water type but then I was scared to use sunny day with it, and I also wanted kind of a second mega to use in the situation houndoom won’t and the one that won’t ruin or be effected by sun. the one I choose was to put on a mega-altaria, a physical variant probably. Its lead combo with amoongus was also great as amoongus did absorbed many poison and steel attacks and gave the opportunity or altaria to set up a DD. I didn’t really thought of using protect on it as it was the one like, tyanitar and was pretty bulky too, the roost was in place for protect to recover any damage as recoil from a pixilated double-edge, as well as being an annoyance for opponents.

Notes on Alatria:
. Altaria was a second trick option to slip in for a strong EQ from excadrill
. Roost after the stat boosts (speed) saved me many times.
. Cloud nine was also another option to go for weather disruption.

Leads

Altaria+Amoongus
as basic and simple as it gets, amoongus rage powders while mega altaria dragon dances and sweeps through opposing teams.

Excadrill+Rotom-W
excadrill was designed to troll others. with its EQ combined with the classic discharge creates the most basic form of disquake helping me out greatly.

Amoongus+Houndoom
these two are the examples of best friends. amoongus ofcourse redirects for houndoom as well as helps it out by using the surprise sunny day as it threatens weather and actives solar power.  

Team Battle Videos:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battlespotdoublesvgc2015-239028987

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battlespotdoublesvgc2015-239035554

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battlespotdoublesvgc2015-239036825

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battlespotdoublesvgc2015-239038408

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battlespotdoublesvgc2015-239040850

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battlespotdoublesvgc2015-239042180

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battlespotdoublesvgc2015-239044750

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battlespotdoublesvgc2015-239047053 

Note: if they are not direct links paste them into search box and it will lead to the battle


Conclusion:
hope you liked this ost and enjoyed going through it, it was the first pot in the team build section of the blog so i wish that it was worth your time, thanks for hanging around the post, Bye For now!

No comments:

Post a Comment